ID:	8870

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1166.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	8872

Comment

Looked like the inner structure photos were getting boring so I jumped forward to the outer skin of the rear clip. It was full of bog (what we call bondo here). after digging it all out it was a bit like a bmx track! Highs, lows, whoopde doos, a table top and more. Repairs were done with gas torch, hammer ,dollie, body file and my worn out old bones.

this one went to hell and back!!! but good as gold now.

the front clip was ten times worse but the gods were with me that week and I was luck enough to save it too. Pictures to follow......

BTW it possibly took me longer to do this post than repair the clip!

Comment

Wow restore 1,

I said earlier you were brave, take my word for it you are. The highs and lows and getting it to look like that very impressive. The effort must be huge to do this car but your results are super. Look forward to seeing the front clip.

Well done indeed!

Roy

Comment

Exceptional and inspiring work as usual mate! Its the same magic you and your pop performed on my ratty old fender! It still continues to really amaze me! The welds around the tail light hole repairs were so pretty! Please don't edit your work because you think it may be boring like all the substructure stuff. Someone in the future might really want to see how to repair that "inner panel" correctly. I personally enjoy looking at it all! I know this was a bit of a time investment to post but thank you so much for taking the time to do it Jason! Your work really needs to be seen. Thanks again Mate!
            Justin
            Justin Rio

Comment

Roy, Justin thank you.Sometimes getting to work in the traffic takes a brave man. Once at the shop Stupidity kicks in and I am fine.I guess looking through my eyes sometimes things start to become a little mundane! I have about 700+ images of this project alone. At the moment in the shop the Porsches are being taken over by the Italian cars. but don't tell anyone. I have a reputation to protect!

Comment

We never get bored looking at this brilliant work. It helps all, of us non-pros get better. Thanks for teaching us. I have always wondered how you end up w such a nice finish. I see you use marking dye, or Blue I think it is called. Do you ever have a problem w the metal getting too thin after filing and working it?
                Mark Erbesfield
                57 356A
                65 911
                68 912
                73 911S
                66 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
                79 450SL Dad's old car

Comment

Its been a while now, any further progress? Would like to know how the current situation is on the car

Roy

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3138.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	26493

Hi Roy,

Yes it has been a while, We have made a lot of progress on this one and aim to have it complete by the end of the year. Unfortunately I have been crazy busy at work as usual and have been trying to get some things done around the house too. I love Justin's forum and will do my best to get some posts going again!

Jason

Comment

Thanks Jason for the post. I am pleased its going okay for you, and you are busy! I really look forward when you get the time, to seeing how it all turned out.

Cheers

Roy

Comment

Working...
                      X