X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very slick, I like it!
    Justin Rio

Comment

It lives... Got all the instruments to operate, now for some calibration and I should be done. Has turn signal indicators in the TACH, so they are now tied to the oil pressure light. I used some 8mm LEDs instead of the 2w bulbs. The green lense is bright and will get your attention.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2018-07-11.jpeg
Views:	137
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	102313
      Pushed around since 1966.

Comment

Inspired by John's efforts with the colourtune I got mine out. The car had been running roughly on the idle circuit. I had tried tuning using a rpm counter/ear a couple of time. It was a pain to get the colourtune on/off. Plus I had to use my own mirror to see the flame. However, it said I had it too lean I adjusted out until I saw the yellow flame and then back in again until the blue appeared. Then the engine suddenly came back to life. Running another 400rpm better and smoother. I didn't use the colourtune on the rest but adjusted to max rpm.

Comment

Neil

Yes the color tune is not easy on a 616/. But I found a cheap fiber optic borescope works well. Out of the car it's not too bad, but in a running car it's an afternoon of neeling
          I was also surprised after balance and peak the carbs using the tachometer, to get another 80 rpm with the color tune, with the same unisync setting.
          Pushed around since 1966.

Comment

I wish my rpm was good to tell me +/- 80 rpm

I've read that sometimes people made the mixture a little richer than the max rpm?

Comment

Working...
            X