Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• karman body floor plugs

Hi
    I made floor plugs for my karmann hatchback BT6. The floor plugs in the rear seat pan was badly repaired and I did not know about the rust beetween the foldings. So I decided to remove they. I searched a wile for spare parts with no succsess.
    I found some information and interesting solutions about these karmann plugs here in this nice forum.
    Here is my way how I made it.

Idea:

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	26.8 KB ID:	103713
    1. Blank and first lower die to press the cup

2. Upper die to press the cone

3. press the flange (Upper die missing in the Picture)

The yield could be improved.

And folded into a test piece with a 50mm hole

I am satisfied with the result. It was not a 5 minutes Job. For more parts, the process must be saver. My experience with this little project is:
    - The blank must be perfectly round and must have a smooth edge. Otherwise it creats folds on the flange.
    - The diameter for this application allowed no reserve. 2mm more and after the first step (cup) you have a wavi flange.
    - Whe you press the cone, all parts (Upper, lower dies and part) must be precise and fix in line. Otherwise you will have to much scrap like me.

Bruno

There was a pain to create this post!

How can I insert pictures directly in the text? I did it but ...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bruno356; 12-21-2018, 09:02 AM.

Great job reproducing the plugs. Karmann placed plugs in multiple areas, which I documented on my rebuild. There are a few other differences between a Karmann and a Reutter car also.

Cheers,

John

jjgpierce@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by John Pierce View Post
      Great job reproducing the plugs. Karmann placed plugs in multiple areas, which I documented on my rebuild. There are a few other differences between a Karmann and a Reutter car also.

Cheers,

John
      Thanks John

You make a very good job of rebuild. Very detailed! I am impressed. I have seen in your post that these plugs are also in the bottom (4 pieces?). Are there more? And do you have measurements where they are?
      Thank you very much

Bruno

Comment

Hi Bruno, Thanks for join us here and Welcome! Sorry you had some difficulty posting but We are all on the learning curve at the moment. To get your photos to display large you have to "drag and drop" each one into the text box where you wish it to be. I see that you loaded more than 4 pics but the rest have gone into some sort of private album. I'll have to figure that one out and get back to you. We get it dialed in. I remember going through the same thing when this site first went up.
        Justin
        Justin Rio

Comment

Hi Bruno,

I documented where all the Karmann plugs were placed on my build pictures. Those were all the ones that Tom Perazzo and I found. Good luck and let us know your progress.
          jjgpierce@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by JTR70 View Post
            Hi Bruno, Thanks for join us here and Welcome! Sorry you had some difficulty posting but We are all on the learning curve at the moment. To get your photos to display large you have to "drag and drop" each one into the text box where you wish it to be. I see that you loaded more than 4 pics but the rest have gone into some sort of private album. I'll have to figure that one out and get back to you. We get it dialed in. I remember going through the same thing when this site first went up.
            Justin
            Thank you Justin

Yes, first I tried to load the picturess direct in the post. -< not working with more then 3 or 4 photos. Then I uploaded the pictures in a new Album and load from there in the post. -> The upload works better.

Bruno

Comment

Originally posted by John Pierce View Post
              Hi Bruno,

I documented where all the Karmann plugs were placed on my build pictures. Those were all the ones that Tom Perazzo and I found. Good luck and let us know your progress.
              Thank you very much.

I found the pictures and mark the holes on my car.

Floor

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	103971

Battery Box
              Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	103972
              Last edited by Bruno356; 12-31-2018, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X