Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 356 A T2 MY 59 interior

Hello to all.
    I own a Porsche 356 A T2 cabrio MY 59 interior leather red. Exterior paint: Silver Metallic.
    Two questions:
    1) What color was the carpet?
    2) the mat what color was it? I read that for the MY59 had been introduced mat light color.
    Thanks for reply.
    Ciao from Italy!
    Enry

Ciao Enry, welcome. G'day from Australia!

referring to the book 'Original Porsche 356 - The Restorer's Guide' by Laurence Meredith, if you have a Metallic Silver exterior, the options for cabs were Red or Blue upholstery. He notes for your year car...'similar hard wearing carpets were fitted to both the 356 and 356A. These were usually tan or beige, irrespective of the colour of the upholstery, and were held in place by a combination of glue and screws...Rubber mats continued to be used on the floors and over the tunnel...the 356 A mats had a mounted "pebble-dash" effect'. (p. 42) He does't note the colour of the mats, but in most of the pictures in the book they are black.

So I think you would be safe with tan carpet and black mats - but I am sure someone else around here knows a whole lot more than me, and possibly Mr Meredith!

cheers mate,

Jonesy

Comment

Thanks Jonesy !

Ciao from Italy!

Enry

Comment

Mate can you post some pictures? What condition is it in? Drivable? Under restoration? In pieces? Do you have other old cars? Where did you get it?

thanks for sharing, Jonesy

Comment

Yes on some pictures if you have them. I have a 58 cab. and just received my interior kit from Autos International in red leather with gray carpet. its what the wife wants and its mostly going to be her car, a happy wife is a happy life.
          Jay D.

Comment

Hello,
            is my first 356.
            Purchased in the U.S.A. in 2010.
            The machine is in the final phase of restoration.
            Matching number.
            356 A T2 MY 59 Convertible 1600
            Ciao!
            Enry
            [attachment:1]Enry.JPG[/attachment]

Comment

Enry,

I presume your car is Silver Metallic 5706. For the 58 /59 cabriolet they came in two standard versions 5706A Silver / red upholstery or 5706B Silver / green upholstery. The speedster 5706A was with red or black. ( You could of course specify your own requirement )

The rubber mats for the T2 were tan and carpet could also be oatmeal which was used for many 356 cars.

My 59 came with black rubber and oatmeal carpet. But mine is RHD so tan carpets were not available for RHD. Look on the link for current mats but study also Charlie Whites web pages on google. ( put in Porsche 356 colors to view )

I bought a set of nice black mats for my car from International Mercantile in the states. Heavier than original but really good quality.

http://www.stoddard.com/6445051010100400-nla.html

Roy

Comment

Originally posted by Altoe" post=31210
                Hello,
                is my first 356.
                Purchased in the U.S.A. in 2010.
                The machine is in the final phase of restoration.
                Matching number.
                356 A T2 MY 59 Convertible 1600
                Ciao!
                Enry
                [attachment:1]Enry.JPG[/attachment]
                couldn't open the attachment. your getting close, i'm about half way to being finished.I have most all the body work done and the engine is nearly ready to assemble. i'm trying to get some things together on the body before I paint. like cables, peddles and some of the suspension parts. also need to disassemble the soft top and paint, then fit the soft top
                Jay D.

Comment

Nello Roy,
                  Thanks for the reply.
                  Yes: the car si silver Metallic 5706
                  Ciao.
                  Enry
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	37
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	70007

Comment

Roy,
                    sorry but what is "RHD"?
                    Thanks.
                    Enry

Comment

Right Hand Drive

J

Comment

Thanks for joining us Enry and Welcome! Very nice looking Cabriolet project you have.
                        Justin
                        Justin Rio

Comment

Enry,

Thanks Jonesy for Right Hand drive. Its great some guys on here like Enryfrom Italy for example can understand so well our English. Its hard though with abbreviated words like for example RHD !

Enry, look at the following link which I think you could not find. Der Whites ( he is Charlie White by name ) has many items on 356 that you might not have seen before.

http://derwhites356literature.com/Porsche356Colors.html

Really like your car!

Roy

Comment

Hello Roy,
                            thank you for the message.
                            I just got the book Der White's.
                            Very interesting.
                            Too bad, for MY59 models, there is no data for mats and carpets.
                            Ciao!
                            Enry

Comment

Enry,

Have a look at this link below the tan mats are expensive. No photo though.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/SuperCat/356M/POR_356M_INTMAT_pg2.htm

Roy

Comment

Working...
                              X