Views:	28
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	92002

Click image for larger version

Name:	6588255A-D696-4151-AFCB-D31CFE62367C.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	92003
      We BUY $ell Trade any NOS green Porsche metal!
      Call toll free today.
      877-356-8827

Comment

Name:	nos.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	98810
        We BUY $ell Trade any NOS green Porsche metal!
        Call toll free today.
        877-356-8827

Comment

I have the windshield frame and rag top frame in my stash to go with them.
          Pushed around since 1966.

Comment

Bruce,
            Hard to tell from picture but, almost looks like a T6 tunnel.

Comment

Alex, I just looked at that picture and here is another:

Name:	IMG_0345.JPG
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	100970

Can you or anyone please tell me what that rear oval hole could be for? It exists on both left and right sides of the inner longitudinals, so no heated air piping comes into the cockpit at that point.......that outlet is seen farther forward.

I am embarrassed that I noticed this so long after these pieces arrived from CA. I'm gettin' old!

Edit: I looked at Justin's thread and what he was laboring over with that tubing which passes through that oval and I see that this oval hole was internal, between the inner angled corner piece and the rear closing panel.

I had not (as in never) used a full piece like that and the shape is of the later forward exit. My shorter original inner longi replacement pieces had no such reinforced pass-through. My bad.

Bruce

Comment

Here is what all the green metal is to be used on...and we still need a pair (or left or right single) quarter panels and front fenders, a NOS 'nose,' a T-6 tunnel. We have NOS floor and most all internal and underside panels, doors, rear panel and good original lids, dash and cowls.
                Anyone who has anything for this T-6 Roadster, please let me know via BBSPDSTR@aol.com, thanks!

Name:	IMG_0348.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	100972

Bruce

Comment

"Bruce,
                  Hard to tell from picture but, almost looks like a T6 tunnel."

Hi Alex,

It is a morphing tunnel with the >&T-5 spaced weld-nuts for that earlier track design and the clearances for the later 2-1-1-1-2 tracks that are hidden under the angle with those weld-nuts. The measurements from one to the other seem to suggest that the angle will not fully cover the earlier pattern holes.

Name:	IMG_03671.JPG
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	101051

I will either fill those present holes or make the angle 1 or 2 mm wider.

That combined NOS part has oddities like the earlier outer seat track riser pods with the two studs sticking up and the rear bulkhead with threaded seat belt anchor receivers whereas the original on this T-6 Roadster had the T-6 riser mounting pods and no seat belt anchoring.

The Belgian floor holes share their mystery with the Karmann floors (but in a different method) and a lack of shallow dimples at intersections of the floor reinforcement ribbing are yet another couple of the the details to match.

I am always learning about the subtle differences with these cars even after all the years of exposure to them I have had. It's the old "Assume nothing."

-Bruce

Comment

Working...
                  X