Click image for larger version

Name:	cockpit_2014-06-16.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	44151

Comment

• Speedo on the left? T1?

Comment

• By the gauge placement its a T1. I would also say that the speedometer is a replacement and not part of the original set of gauges for this car. Notice the Larger center "cap" on the needle of the tach and in the center of the fuel/temp gauge. This was a late 1956ish thing for a short run. My coupe's gauges are like this. They then went to the standard smaller version cap like the one found on that Speedo. I know more useless trivia.

Nice photo in the rain Joel!
        Justin Rio

Comment

• Justin, that is a small but delightful detail! I didn't know that, but I don't know anything about A cars.

Comment

• Numbered oil temp gauge also indicates earlier T1.
            trevorcgates@gmail.com
            Engine # P66909... are you out there
            Fun 356 events in SoCal = http://356club.org/

Comment

• Originally posted by JTR70" post=19590
              By the gauge placement its a T1. I would also say that the speedometer is a replacement and not part of the original set of gauges for this car. Notice the Larger center "cap" on the needle of the tach and in the center of the fuel/temp gauge. This was a late 1956ish thing for a short run. My coupe's gauges are like this. They then went to the standard smaller version cap like the one found on that Speedo.
              I think you meant to say that the TACHOMETER (the gauge in the center) is a replacement, rather than the speedo (on the left), and that the large center "bullets" were EARLY '56. Late slag night Justin?
              Jack (analog man from the stone age)

Comment

• OOPS! That's what I meant to write. Some "expert" huh; can't tell the difference between a tach and a speedo. It was a very late night Jack, good catch on that one. Justin
                Justin Rio

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	COCKPIT.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	44504

Comment

Name:	10500378_1631693474369870_n.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	45291

Comment

Name:	pitSC04896.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	45411

Comment

Name:	pre356219.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	45467

Comment

• I just finished installing my new Autos Int door panels on the Roadster.
                          My old chrome relief strips below the garnish rails have had it so I'll call AI tomorrow to see if them can provide some.
                          Otherwise, the 'amature' strikes again!
                          Dick

Driver's Side

Name:	7-13-141.DriversSideNewDoorPanel.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	45562

Passenger Side

Name:	7-13-142.PassengerSideNewDoorPanel.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	45563

Comment

• The new panels turned out great Dick! Jobs like these are so fun to do aren't they? Just an afternoon, a screw driver, no stress and beautiful result by the end of the days session. Very jealous!
                            Justin
                            Justin Rio

Comment

• Hey,
                              Actually, it was more than a one dayer!
                              Maybe I'm slow!

It was a screw driver, a ice pick and a drill!
                              I called Autos International yesterday after getting back from Lufteknics and they are sending the new garnish chrome strips.
                              Chris at Lufteknics saw the pics and said,'You missed a couple of screws'.
                              Yep, but they are in now!
                              Another former Naval Aviator asked, 'Like a good German did I line up the screw heads' with my metric phillips head screw driver?
                              I told him that I had lined up the crests on my 'baby moon hubcaps' with the valve stems, but didn't think I had a metric screw driver in the box.
                              Then I said, 'Oh yeah, its in my original tool kit, however its not for use-only show since its original.
                              Us old pilots still mess with each others gray matter when we get a chance!

Dick

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X