Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	SMYINTpe.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	68050

Comment

• Jager,
        That's a very good looking wood wheel, but I don't think it is one of the elusive VDM slotted-spoke ones because the metal rim doesn't show on the inside.

I have been paying attention to these recently because I have been trying to figure out what the deal is with mine.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Hi Edwin,
          This one looks like a Nardi, or one of Jeffrey Fellman's knockoffs. Please post a photo of your wheel. Sounds interesting.
          Cheers,
          Joel

Comment

Name:	inspr6783.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	68174

Comment

Name:	ystd1568.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	68176

Comment

Name:	RDSTpe.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	68234

Comment

• OK, so it's not a 356 cockpit...sue me! RR
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	RSKDash.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	68239
                  Richard Roth
                  New York City
                  Amagansett, NY

Comment

Name:	20150418_1218271.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	68311
                    The mileage is original. The tach is chronometric, and was gift from Steve Smith who was an editor of Car and Driver, who said, after driving my speedster, "I have something for this car that belongs in it, instead of being a paper weight on my desk..."
                    The Nardi cost me $100.00 at Vilem B. Haan on Santa Monica Boulevard about 1973. It was a splurge...
                    Richard Roth
                    New York City
                    Amagansett, NY

Comment

• That's a nice tach! RSK style in standard 356 diameter right? Looks to be a custom unit by North Hollywood Speedometer.
                      Justin Rio

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickie" post=30468
                        The mileage is original. The tach is chronometric, and was gift from Steve Smith who was an editor of Car and Driver, who said, after driving my speedster, "I have something for this car that belongs in it, instead of being a paper weight on my desk..."
                        The Nardi cost me $100.00 at Vilem B. Haan on Santa Monica Boulevard about 1973. It was a splurge...
                        Visited Vilem B. Haan on Santa Monica Boulevard many a time back in the day. Glad I am not the only old dinosaur here! Back when a Benjamin was a Benjamin!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Name:	Picture020.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	68320
                          First,Let me say that although the good folks on Lankershim Blvd. in North Hollywood did refurbish that tach about 20 years ago, it is a factory original piece that Steve gave to me about 1978, chrome bezel and 10K face, as you see it. What I did learn about the chronometric tachs is that all VDO chrono.tachs had British Smiths innards!
                          Secondly,Jim,It's true I drove my first Porsche in 1958, but I couldn't afford one until 1964 when I bought an Irish Green Cabriolet new!I take issue with being a dinosaur since most of them are extinct!
                          I still love these cars as much as I did back when.
                          Best, Richard Roth
                          Richard Roth
                          New York City
                          Amagansett, NY

Comment

• Richard - had a bugeye Sprite (first car) then an MGB back in the mid-60's. Then came within a very fine hair of buying a black '61 cab from my friend (in '66, I think, still have pictures of it), but got cold feet over insurance and worries about repair costs at the last minute, even though I had the cash and plenty of reserves. No, I don't really think I'm a dinosaur, at 66 I have a 10 y/o son and a 13 y/o daughter, a 55 y/o 356, and a 6 y/o Porsche Turbo.

Comment

• Had a Bugeye purchased from a fellow soldier from Placerville when serving with the 101st Airborne at Ft. Campbell, Ky in the early 60's. Bought a new 1965 MGB from Larry Albedi in Vallejo, Ca after my discharge. No 356 until 84 although I almost bought a used A coupe from Helm Motors in Vallejo. Unfortunately it was an underperforming beast and did not impress. Not yet extinct..

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7096pe.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	68410

Comment

• Richard, well played with the telltale. 5,500 rpm max.

Comment

Working...
                                X