No announcement yet.

WEBSITE PLATFORM UPDATING BEGINS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been playing around wit the new website. One thing to know is that you are not automatically subscribed to a topic when you respond unless you go to User Setting in your profile (top right corner) and select that option. There are other important options there also. Cheers.
    jjgpierce@yahoo.com

Comment

Yes Justin have a nice Christmas yourself !

Roy

Comment

Thanks John! Any tips or tricks you're discovering are appreciated!

I've been playing with the uploading of photos. I've dragged and dropped this one into the text box but it still was no larger.

Click image for larger versionName:	Views:	1Size:	131.6 KBID:	103771
        However, if you go back later and hit edit you'll see some options in blue: small, medium, and large. Choose a size and drag another copy of it in. I chose medium for the shot above.^^ I'm getting an "invalid entry code" but the system allows it anyway after I hit okay. Others may not get this code? To remove a photo all you have to do is place the cursor to the right of the photo then hit your backspace button. It will erase it like unwanted text. I'm sure there is a way to get your photos to show this large right off the bat and skip this step but I'm still in the learning process as well. Let us all know if you find an easier way. Thanks again guys!
        Justin
        Last edited by JTR70; 12-22-2018, 05:16 PM.
        Justin Rio

Comment

Justin, To enlarge an image. First upload it then hit edit. You will then have options to change the INSERT size a shown below. You can then upload other images and change their sizes without having to save each image.

You can also change the default background to DARK mode which is easier on the eyes.

JP

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	301.1 KB ID:	103786
          Attached Files
          Last edited by John Pierce; 12-22-2018, 08:25 PM.
          jjgpierce@yahoo.com

Comment

Yeah John, thanks for bringing that feature up. The Gradient option (lower left corner) allows for three different forum styles and like you show it allows each user to style this forum to suit. Standard or black background like the old version.
            Justin Rio

Comment

Cool Justin, glad the site's back up!
              trevorcgates@gmail.com
              Engine # P66909... are you out there
              Fun 356 events in SoCal = http://356club.org/

Comment

Hi Justin,
                Has the migration to your new site been completed?
                I have lost all my postings since May 2018.
                Tom, Red911, Bali Blue '64

Comment

Hi Tom,

Yes, the migration is complete. I'm sorry your later content was not saved. If you look at page one of this post I was warning about a cut-off point which is why we basically went dormant for 3 months. I hope you'll repost but if its a pain I understand. This is a new system so we are all learning at the moment. Thanks for your patience with all of this.
                  Justin
                  Justin Rio

Comment

Thank you Justin for your response, I understand.

Thank you Justin for the greatest 356 website!
                    Last edited by Red911; 01-01-2019, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Thanks Tom, and thank you for being a part of what makes it a great place to visit!
                      Justin Rio

Comment

Originally posted by John Pierce View Post
                        I've been playing around wit the new website. One thing to know is that you are not automatically subscribed to a topic when you respond unless you go to User Setting in your profile (top right corner) and select that option. There are other important options there also. Cheers.
                        Mark Erbesfield
                        57 356A
                        65 911
                        68 912
                        73 911S
                        66 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
                        79 450SL Dad's old car

Comment

Mark Erbesfield
                          57 356A
                          65 911
                          68 912
                          73 911S
                          66 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
                          79 450SL Dad's old car

Comment

• JTR70
                            JTR70 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Still figuring out things too Mark... Thanks! Justin

Hi Justin, a small recommendation for ease of use, at least for me is to duplicate the Previous page numbers on a longer post that are along the bottom and make that available on the top. I find myself going to the page bottom of longer post to get to the last page to catch up on more recent progress.

Thanks for all you do for us.

Tom

Comment

• JTR70
                            JTR70 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Okay Tom, I'll ask.

Yea! We are up and running again. I have to admit I had given up hope and stopped checking about a month ago. What a nice suprise to see us back up today. Just have to figure it all out now.
                          Thanks for getting my favorite car site back up and running again.
                          ~Vance

Comment

• John Pierce
                            John Pierce commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Can't wait for all the cool pix, Vance!!

• JTR70
                            JTR70 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Glad to see you back Vance! Let us know if you run into a lot of issues with the new system.
                            Justin

Hello all,

Many of you may have figured out how to add cell phone (mine is an iPhone 6S) photos. I copy them from my phone directory into the desktop and turn the photo so listers do not have to stand on their head to see the perspective and download to the page comment. I use the medium size and on the lower right corner is a black square that allows you to pull the photo to the size you want to post.

This has made posting much easier for me.

Just my $.02.

Justin, just for the record, I appreciate your support and hospitality. Your site is great and I learn something every day.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                          X