WEBSITE PLATFORM UPDATING BEGINS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEBSITE PLATFORM UPDATING BEGINS!

At long last this site will begin its update to a new platform starting sometime tomorrow and could take up to approximately 10 days to complete. As this process continues we all will most likely not be able to post any new entries also any late entries may not even be saved or transferred so you guys might want to hang on until the work is done. The site itself may not be viewable during this transition so don't be shocked if you find it gone for a few days. My thanks again to all you guys for your patience and support with all of this! Looking forward to catching up with you guys when our new home is built!

Justin
    Justin Rio

Hi Justin

Where are you in the process ?
    When will it be possible to restart posting ?

Comment

+1

~Vance

Comment

Thank you so much for your patience guys. I'm getting pretty antsy myself to update my builds but I just don't want to take the chance of newer posts not being saved and carried over to the new platform. I'll give them a shout on Monday and see if there is any news. Thanks again!
        Justin
        Justin Rio

Comment

Spoke with my webmaster this afternoon and they will need at least another week. But it is in process. Thanks again for all your patience and understanding you guys!
          Justin
          Justin Rio

Comment

Justin, thank you!

I am beginning a challenging rebuild of a T-6 Roadster and would like to begin a thread after the site transition. I am seeing things while using mismatched but 'close enough' NOS major pieces that I am being educated in differences the limited number of Belgian 356s had to which I was unaware.

I have worked on a few (maybe 3) during my career and owned one myself for a few years and was aware of many differences from other Roadsters and all other 356 models...but I didn't know half of the small differences until this project!

Maybe arcane and not of much interest to most here on this site, but if Justin indulges me, I'll find the time to post on this project occasionally.

Bruce

Comment

Bruce

I have one also that is pretty much untouched, if you need a measurement or photo just ask. I scrapped a T-5 40 years ago and still have a bunch of mechanical stuff if you need something.

John
              Pushed around since 1966.

Comment

Bruce,

it would be great to see the differences if you could start a blog!

John
                jjgpierce@yahoo.com

Comment

Thank you Johns, Brooks and Pierce!

First, I need to learn what a "blog" is........

Bruce

Comment

Bruce, you got me on that one, bro.
                    Jack (analog man from the stone age)

Comment

Originally posted by bbspdstr" post=44008
                      Justin, thank you!

I am beginning a challenging rebuild of a T-6 Roadster and would like to begin a thread after the site transition. I am seeing things while using mismatched but 'close enough' NOS major pieces that I am being educated in differences the limited number of Belgian 356s had to which I was unaware.

I have worked on a few (maybe 3) during my career and owned one myself for a few years and was aware of many differences from other Roadsters and all other 356 models...but I didn't know half of the small differences until this project!

Maybe arcane and not of much interest to most here on this site, but if Justin indulges me, I'll find the time to post on this project occasionally.

Bruce
                      I think it would be good, plus you always make thing interesting
                      Jay D.
                      BLOG isn't that what the Europeans call bondo

Comment

Well at long last the new forum platform is up! Sorry about the loss of the more recent posts that were submitted after the conversion was completed a few weeks ago. Please feel free to resubmit them once you get this new place figured out. I am in the process right now of figuring things out ,loading photos etc. for myself so I can begin posting my projects once again. The first thing I had to do was reset my Password. I see we finally have Private messaging and probably a lot of other things I'm just not aware of yet. There are a lot of fine details and bugs still to work out but at least we're up and running and all the old post content was saved. Thanks again you guys for all your patience and help with this. Hope to see everyone back on here soon!
                        Justin
                        Justin Rio

Comment

Congratulations Justin on the new website!! I'll be updating my build in the next few days.....weeks.

We're all back to newbie status with zero posts

Thanks for updating the website and Happy Holiday!!
                          jjgpierce@yahoo.com

Comment

Well that took me while to realise that its important to read the FAQ pages before you start. The LOG IN for existing members is on the top right of the registration page I seem to remember. Only after trying a number of times to access the full site where you can reply to mails and failing, did I realise you have to LOG IN in that box first!!

If you are a member already then first LOG IN. top right box.!! Sorry maybe you all realized this was the logical way forward and its only just this old guy, who took an age resetting my pass word still not having success till I found with FAQ the info on the login box!!

I wonder how long it will take this old guy to post photos

Will be interested to see all your new work Justin on the cars. Missed the progress!!!

Roy

Comment

Hi Roy, good to see you here! Thank you for the tips! It took me a minute or two to figure out where the log in was. I should have followed your lead and read the directions. We are all trying to figure this new system out but we'll get it dialed in eventually.

Thanks John! Looking forward to the updates.
                              Merry Christmas you guys!
                              Justin
                              Justin Rio

Comment

Working...
                              X