356a t1 front chassis closing panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 356a t1 front chassis closing panel

I have a 356a t1 that suffered heavy damage over the years and had many t2 parts grafted on as repairs were needed. I'm looking for some knowledge and hopefully pictures of known original cars to use as references. Are t1 and t2 front closing panels the same? I know the aftermarket tends to cater more to the t2 cars. Any info or pictures of original parts is greatly appreciated. Thanks,
    Tinman

Hi Tinman,

T1 cars are sort of my thing since that's what I own and have worked on the most. I had a T2 car come in later and began noting the subtle differences. Take a look here: http://www.abcgt.com/forum/4-356-Forum/5072-Evolution-of-the-356A-T1--T2-How-they-differ.html

You might find the answer your looking for there. If not I can certainly take some detailed shots of my car as most of it remains factory. Please consider a build thread on this car in the project section. We would be happy to help with any detail questions you might run into as it goes.

Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

Justin,

Here are some pictures of the battery box we have which is a T2 box that was grafted on at some point.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	batt.box.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	96304

Name:	batt.box2.jpg
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	96305

Name:	batt.box3.jpg
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	96306
      My concern is that the aftermarket stampings very depending on the manufacturer and I dont trust that the T2 piece we have is correct without further verification. I know its hard to get a good picture if the outside sheet metal is on but anything you can get is very appreciated. Also, your thread of T1 vs. T2 has been a great resource for us. Thanks in advance, Tinman

Comment

The embossment details on that forward wall remained unchanged. The only difference I noticed from T1 to T2 was a slight change in position to the jack Perches.

Name:	Achassis249_2018-01-31.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	96318
        I was pretty happy with this offering we bought from Stoddard a few years back. The stampings where pretty nice.

Justin
        Justin Rio

Comment

Justin,

Thanks for the info. Do you have a picture of T1 jack perches by chance?

Thanks, Tinman

Comment

My pleasure TinMan, I highlighted that change here: http://www.abcgt.com/forum/14-356-Restoration-Projects/4902-Coupe-into-Speedster-Conversion.html?limit=6&start=1296

Take a look.
            Justin
            Justin Rio

Comment

Working...
            X