• Show
Clear All

• TWO NUTS

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN7073.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	95725
    i've had some extra time in the evening lately and have started to mount my pedals lines and cables. I have the throttle lever assembly mounted to the side of the tunnel and was looking in to were the hand throttle cable hooks up. I see two nuts welded to the tunnel just below the lever for the hand throttle right near the floor. for the life of me I can't remember what went there. I have it in my mind were everything goes even after 40 some years. one more thing what is a good book that shows most of where everything goes for restoring a 356. i'm working on a 58 356 cab. my mind might not be as crisp as I think it is.
    Jay D.

Hi Jay
    Those 2 weld nuts are only used to support the throttle shaft on Right Hand Drive cars, so you're not missing anything.
    I have hi res scanned an original spare parts catalogue (with all the supplements) which would show you where every nut and bolt goes on your 58, let me know if you're interested and I will post some more pictures.

Name:	DSCF7025_sml.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	95772

Regards
    Drew

Comment

Drew is correct. Here is a very old pic of my RHD hand throttle arrangement from 1959. Rather greasy and dirty back when I took that.
      And a bit confusing as Its not detailed in the factory manual on how it goes together. I remember mine slipped I rectified that.

Name:	2008_1027switchchange0024_2018-01-20.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	95774

Roy

Comment

great,thanks Drew,Roy, and yes please give more information on your catalogues.
        Jay D.

Comment

Jay,
          The hand throttle wire attaches to the end of the horizontal lever in your picture; which is hidden. At the end of the lever is a small nut and bolt with a hole to insert and secure the hand throttle wire. The easiest way to do this is to remove the unit and pull out to secure the wire, then reattach unit and adjust wire length.
          Jim Kellogg

Comment

I haven't attached the wire yet, I want to paint my dash first before I run cables and switches. but your right it would be easier to take it out and attach the wire. I just need to get my ducks in a row and do first things first so I'm not back tracking.
            thanks Jay D.

Comment

Jim, thanks for joining us here and Welcome! An honor to have another seasoned Professional shepherding us hobbyist's.

Welcome once again!
              Justin
              Justin Rio

Comment

Working...
              X