Joined on 2016-12-29 after reading for 30 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joined on 2016-12-29 after reading for 30 minutes

Hi, I just joined after about 30 minutes of reading in one thread, from Pat about "Helmut Pfiefhofer Porsche Automuseum in Gmund" - here,
    http://www.abcgt.com/forum/4-356-Forum/3853-Helmut-Pfiefhofer-Porsche-Automuseum-in-Gmund.html.

I will visit that museum next summer and am looking for information. I bumped that old thread, it was almost 4 years old, because of our upcoming visit. I hope that's not a problem but please let me know if it is. My post there was my post #1 on this forum, and this one right here is my post #2. Damn rookies are everywhere, aren't we?

I live near San Francisco CA USA and my wife and I are the proud owners, for 20 years, of "Manfred." Manfred is a 1963 B cab, ivory with green interior, and we love him. We are his third owners.

I wish we were taking Manfred on our trip next summer, but that won't happen. Manfred would love the Alps passes we plan to drive. Alas, our nearby Sierra Nevada passes will have to do, and we do have some excellent ones nearby.

I look forward to learning from and sharing with the good folks here.

JOP

Comment

Welcome to a great Porsche site Roy! This forum has lots of great stuff for 356 owners. Love it and very little politics anymore--just plain fun. Bye the way--356 no. 1 was tested (and broke down--suspension problem) on Gross Glockner.

Pat Daily
      Richmond, VA

PS--I am a retired Navy Medical Service Corps Captain--me and my two brothers (both physicians) all served in the Navy medical department, even though our father was a Colonel in the Air Force (and Army Air Corps). I was also stationed at Subic where I got to know a lot of Marines back in the day.

Comment

Welcome, Roy!

The color combo on your car sounds really nice!

mike
        Mike
        '63 B coupe

Comment

Hi Roy,

Thank you for joining with us here and Welcome. No problem what so ever with bumping up an old post. You will find we are pretty laid back around here. Your Cabriolet sounds like a nice one.
          Wishing you safe travel on your up coming trip. Please share your museum photos with us when you return.

Welcome once again!
          Justin
          Justin Rio

Comment

Welcome Roy!

As Justin said: please post your photos when you return. I'd love to see them.

Cheers,

John
            jjgpierce@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
            X