No announcement yet.

Ok, here i go again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best of luck with the work you will be doing. The fact it drives already is a good step forward. Correct to prepare yourself for the work ahead,well done on doing that.

Roy

Comment

Tony,
      Congratulations, if you need any help just ask. the registry TAN list and the Florida local club will also be a big help. Feel free to call anytime

John
      Pushed around since 1966.

Comment

Seems like a great project car Manuel, Congratulations on your new purchase! Looking forward to your build. Best of luck with it!
        Justin
        Justin Rio

Comment

Originally posted by JTR70" post=36159
          Seems like a great project car Manuel, Congratulations on your new purchase! Looking forward to your build. Best of luck with it!
          Justin
          Thanks Justin!

I went through the 150+ pages of your restoration thread, and all i can say is wow... just... wow! impressive work Justin.

I'm planning on starting a restoration thread soon, i already have a ton of questions for you guys...

Again, Thanks!
          ?
          Manuel Tolentino

Comment

Good luck with your car restoration. If BC are true to form there maybe some surprises waiting in hiding for you. However, I hope not.

Comment

Hi Manuel, I missed your introduction. Welcome. I read that you purchased a Wet Sandblaster. Have you used it yet? Curious as to how you like it and what the brand particulars are. I have looked at them online and they look quite interesting. Dry sand blasting totally SUCKS and not having that shit flying around is very appealing. Of course when I say sand I am really not meaning "sand". Though I have used it and will hopefully not die early because of it. Please keep posting even if there are huge gaps in time (my thread)
              Mark Erbesfield
              57 356A
              65 911
              68 912
              73 911S
              66 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
              79 450SL Dad's old car

Comment

Hey Mark,
                I got my wet sandblast kit from power eagle usa (http://www.powereagleusa.com/).

Here's a video of the kit:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfA-IkaMRGE

They recommend at least 3000psi and 4gpm pressure washer, i got myself a 3700psi one, second hand, and between the kit and the washer im at about $600 so far (much better than the $1,000 bucks dustless blasting charges for a 1 hour session...

Also, they mentioned that some customers have reported using contractor sand with very good results.

I haven't use it yet, but i'll be more than happy to report back once i do.

Right now i have relatives visiting for the holidays, but i assume i'll have more info for you guys in the coming weeks.

Happy holidays!
                ?
                Manuel Tolentino

Comment

Working...
                X