No announcement yet.

Joined today and in UK with 356C and 987 Boxster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door dismantled, key number on door handle, so order placed and hoping no one has changed the lock barrel.

Just have to sort transmission lock and glove box lid now.

Comment

Bruce,
      I have forwarded a copy of your comments to Tony E in the hopes that he will contact you and perhaps address the criticisms of his current work.
      Ashley, hope you have found another source for your keys, one of these may
      be of help:

P.R. Services (Essex) Ltd., Paul or Mike Smith
      Dunlop Garage, London Road, Billericay, Essex, UK-CM12 9HP
      Phone: +44 7000 356 911, Fax: 44 1277 63 00 99
      Email: prs356@btconnect.com, Website: www.prs356.com

Roger Bray Restoration, Mark Sanders
      Milestone Services London Rd, Whimple, Exeter, Devon, UK-EX5 2QB
      Phone: +44 1404 822005, Fax: +44 1404 822007
      Email: parts@rogerbrayrestoration.com

AJP Engineering, Adrew Prill
      The old Bakery, 37 Swan street, Sible Hedingham, Essex, UK-CO9 3RE
      Phone: +44 (0) 1787 469 263, Fax: +44 (0) 1787 469 610
      Email: info@ajp-engineering.co.uk, Website: www.ajp-engineering.co.uk

Karmann Konnection Ltd. , Richard King - Julian Hunt
      289 Victoria Ave. Southend On Sea, Essex SS2 6NE
      Phone: +44 1702 340613, Fax: +01702 332718
      Email: info@karmannkonnection.com Website: www.karmannkonnection.com

Comment

Thanks very much indeed for all the contacts. I've ordered keys from www.keysinthepost.com and paid, so hopefully I got the correct key number and I'll soon know of the lock barrel has been changed.

Steering box should be despatched tomorrow from ICS in Birmingham UK.

Comment

"I have forwarded a copy of your comments to Tony E in the hopes that he will contact you and perhaps address the criticisms of his current work."

Joel, Tony's WORK has never been in question! I need to make that clear to you and the forum-watchers. My criticism is only of his communication or lack thereof when people wonder about timing of the work or ask for it to be returned...and that I get calls asking for insight as if I some special access to Tony. Obviously, my post reflects that I do NOT! Joel, Tony's answer to you shows you have more sway than I do.

Thanks for the push, we'll sees how it shakes out. Good that you posted others that may be good resources...in this small world, all of us need as many as we can get.....many of those considered staples are fading away. Witness these posts right here! Professionally, I am caught in the same squeeze. Often, too often, it is subs or direct employees...making me say- "I can get in trouble all by myself, I don't need any help."

Thanks,
          Bruce

Comment

I managed to get a genuine Porsche blank for the ignition and copy the profile of the cheap pattern key the car came with. It works a treat, so the old key is now a spare.

Just leaves the glove box and transmission lock.

Comment

Working...
            X