New member in North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris

I highly recommend you take a day and run up to Hickory and visit Tim. Bring you WIFE... so she can see the process and what the before and after looks like. Her better understanding of the project will make your life much easier when the bills come in. I was back a couple months ago. He has 5-6 cars in various stages of overhaul. It will give you a much clearer idea of what you are up against. Look at the cars, fixtures, tooling and completed components is a good thing. I have been doing this for over 50 years and I still learned things on my last visit, and remembered things I had forgot.

Get a good welder, build your tooling and have fun, Its a process but its not that hard. Don't skimp on tooling or publications. Join a club and ask tons of questions. There are plenty of people out there who can help. Take tons of before and after photos. Get big strong plastic tubs that stack, bag mark and photo everything. I was so anal I set up an old laptop and camera in the shop for documentation. Nothing better that a year from now going into a photo or video to see how it came apart, or what it looked like before. Remember its all been done before, by people just like us.
    Pushed around since 1966.

Comment

Welcome

!I had friend tell me once no matter what try to spend a half hour a day on your car. If nothing else just cleaning some parts. That way you keep the momentum up and the project doesn't stall.
      52 split window
      62 T-6 cab

Comment

Good advice! Forward momentum is key.

Comment

Working...
        X