hello all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello all

hello all at abcgt, thought i would join up after i keep seeing the site mentioned on the 356 registry. I'm sure there are a few people familiar with the restoration of my bt6 and I'm looking forward to seeing some great cars and meeting some great people

neil in melbourne

Hi Neil,
    Thank you for joining us here as well and Welcome! We have several guys like a fella by the name of Jonesy posting from down under. I'm still amazed by the following these cars have there BTW. I am very familiar with the extensive undertaking you've been sharing on the Registry. The chassis fabrication work is very impressive; with most the original frame being toast it Almost looks like you're creating a totally new platform to park your original roof clip on. So once finished this will be a retro-custom? Pre-A bodywork with a T-6 style frame and running gear? Can't think of a cooler combo than that;The best of both worlds.
    Welcome once again! Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

Welcome aboard, Neil. You're project on the Registry is quite an undertaking! You surely have the metal skills to do it correctly.

John
      jjgpierce@yahoo.com

Comment

Justin, john

thank you for the warm welcome, there is some cool stuff around this site. i am a fan of your car Justin looked through the thread on the registry a couple of times. it would be nice to keep some original steel on mine but it really is that bad, by the time I'd cleaned it up and cut it out its not worth saving the bit that's left lol, nevermind

Comment

I think you'll grow to like it here. Welcome along!

Comment

Yes welcome Neil, Must say I have not seen your registry thread. Is your BT6 a RHD? From the comments above it seems you know exactly how to do the work involved.

Roy

Comment

thank you gt3 and roy

my bt6 is/was LHD i am converting it to RHD, its pretty rusty so its had some metal work done (like the majority)

Comment

Welcome Neil.
                Bill Sampson

BIRD LIVES!!!!!

HAYDUKE LIVES!!!!!

Comment

thank you bill

Comment

Hi Neil, welcome here, loving' your work on the 356 Registry. You have the skills to get that project done! It would be well beyond me. Perhaps in a few years we'll meet up at the Aust Registry do in Melbourne. I will have mine there as soon as it's finished. Few years to go yet!

Jonesy

Comment

thanks jonesy,

your in Melbourne i guess? i know someone else near me doing a bt5, there should be quite a few done in the next few years around Melbourne

Comment

No mate, I'm in Canberra. It'd be great if you could get your mate with the T5 on this site as well - is he pro or an amateur like me? There seems to be a few peculiarities with the T5 and most of the ones around on the sites seem to be 'A's or 'C's.

Comment

i have spoken to stephen with the bt5, he had never heard of this site and I'm sure he will come and have a look around, i would say he is an amateur (at panel beating) but he is doing a very good job of restoring his car

Comment

Great mate, the more the merrier. Maybe the Aussies can equal the Yanks here, in numbers if not in talent! Some of us have a lot of catching up to do.

Comment

Jonesy, It may not be long at all before you guys outnumber us here. Off the top of my head there's John Garret(JG), Andrew Hosking(Type550), Jason Bobruk, and another fella by the name of Andy(the gooboy) in Melbourne. Maybe Neil knows him? BTW thanks for putting out the good word Neil!
                              Justin
                              Justin Rio

Comment

Working...
                              X