No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi my name is Lester from atlanta.

currently working on 1962 S90 cabriolet since around 2008. restoration costs r very pricey nowadays..save spend...save spend etc..
    this is my first restoration of a car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0630.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	47685

bare metal restoration

Name:	IMG_0036.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	47683

Name:	Jackson_sent_9-2-11_flipped_for_continued_spraying.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	47684

metal work by BBenterprises

motor by VMR (hot rod flatz HR010 black, artic silver 92U, fan shroud color from willhoit)
    86mm forged je pistons, nikasil coated mahle cylinders from LNEngineering, 912 heads

Name:	photo-5.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	47682

Paint was a challenge but after 2 painters got it done (ruby red)

now finishing up ynz harness and tunnel components
    interior, seats, top at autosinternational

Thanks for sharing some photos and details on your Project Lester. The underside alone is beautiful! Bruce and his crew did a really nice job! The motor details sound sweet! Why didn't you have Bruce paint it as well? Thanks again! Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

after 2 years was feeling a little disconnected from the project because of the Atlanta-Philadelphia distance. Couldnt stop by every week.

Comment

To be fair, Lester is a great guy and a great client but the car wasn't as great as it first appeared. It was one of those where someone spent more time artfully covering rust and bad work than if it had been fixed properly. It fooled ME and it was difficult to show Lester from a distance what the heavy truck bed liner was covering underneath....but I have pictures....a LOT of pictures.

It did come to BBE for paint, it was just finding the other work needed before we could get to that part. It went from a simple paintjob to really pricey even though Lester disassembled the car and planned to put it back together with his son, as he had done with his father in the VW end of the hobby when he was young.

I recommended Lester to enter this forum to get opinions other than just from me, as we speak regularly- but the more input to work with, the better an understanding may be. That seems to be working so far. Everyone has a first 356, and working on one can require a lot of help. I hope I was correct in telling Lester he'd find that here.

-Bruce

Comment

Lester,

Bruce is correct, if you have questions always ask. Bruce can usually give the correct answers of course but as a group I think most of us like sharing our experiences. This can help all of us actually as a problem for one person is often a problem for another.

Liked the photo's, like the car,

cheers

Roy

Comment

Thx for everyone's help. There's more to come!!
            Lester

Comment

Welcome Lester. I have a 63 S90 coupe, so may be able to share some info when needed.
              Phil Planck

Comment

Originally posted by foamcar" post=21395
                Welcome Lester. I have a 63 S90 coupe, so may be able to share some info when needed.
                Phil Planck
                Cool

Comment

Working...
                X