Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi

I have finally joined the forum after snooping around for a while. I am the proud owner of a RHD 356A coupe which I restored at home from a shell and pile of bits. It's been on the road a while now since 2009. I bought a couple of parts from Justin for it too!

Cheers

Paul

Click image for larger version

Name:	MW5_0025a.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	45510

Name:	MW5_0007a.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	45511

Name:	MW5_0061.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	45512

Hey Paul,

Thank you for joining us here and Welcome! That is a beautiful T2 coupe! I've seen these shots of your car on DDK; were these from some sort of magazine feature shoot? Nice to know I was able to help contribute a component or two to such a sweet build. What were they BTW? Concerning the interior shot, what is the accessory mounted just over the glove box lid? Thanks and Welcome one more time!
    Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

Hi Justin,

The pictures are from a photoshoot for Classic Porsche Magazine here in the UK, my car was on the cover a couple of years ago. I remember buying a gearshift tunnel cover from you and something else I can't. The thing over the glove box is a map light. I have a old picture of the car in with one fitted and there where holes in the dash for it. I bought the one you see from ebay and it fitted the holes exactly.

Paul

Comment

Good morning Paul,

Welcome and now you have set a new standard of how our 356 should look like when posting pictures
        My home shoot pictures with bad lightning and bad angels cant not be show anymore now after seeing yours
        I did buy the copy of the mag with your 356 in it.
        / Per
        JOP

Comment

Oh, the tunnel cover, okay. It is satisfying in a way to see these stray parts help to complete a nice car. Very cool that you were able to locate the exact map light that was once there all those years ago! Roy has educated me on the harsh lives most RHD cars were forced to lead which is why a great many are no longer with us. How bad was the shell when you began? Congratulations on the "ink" you received and you got the cover shot too; Nicely done! Justin
          Justin Rio

Comment

My car was an abandoned project so a lot of the bad rot had been done underneath and done quite well. The front of the car was in a bad way and I had to replace the nose, the rear was bashed in a bit too. The worst thing was all the missing parts it took ages to find all those little bits.

I got the photo shoot just by chance. Someone dropped out at the last minute and there was an appeal on DDK. Got a great set of pictures.

Comment

Welcome Paul
              Nice job on the car. How about some before shots? Neat find on the map light.
              Phil Planck

Comment

OK this is the car as I collected it, doesn't look that bad!

Name:	DSCF0039.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	45600

Name:	DSCF0036.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	45601

Comment

wheels and tires really look nice. Thanks for posting the pics.

Phil

Comment

Looks like you stepped into this project at just the right time Paul. All the perimeter, floor repair and other rust grunt work looks to have been addressed at this point. Did the old owner run out of ambition? It was a nice find! Justin
                    Justin Rio

Comment

Comment

Paul, that car look like it may have been originally a left hand drive car. If so, was the conversion completed before you got the car?
                        Jack (analog man from the stone age)

Comment

Hi Jack,

My car is an original RHD. You have probably noticed the LHD bulkhead panel below the dash which is a replacement put in before I got the car. I think at the time only LHD panels were available. Obviously I had to change some holes!

Paul

Comment

Paul,

Nice to see you posting here. Justin, Paul and I do meet up normally at Goodwood as he lives not so far from me. His car is super, really lovely and he did so much himself which means he knows his car inside out. Makes my car look a runner when I park near his

When I made the remark that Ivory and red look great it was because I had Pauls car in my mind.

Roy

Comment

Nice car I've completely missed this one on DDK. See you at Hedingham?

Comment

Working...
                              X