UK in LA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK in LA

I spend winters in California and summers home in the UK. I've just bought my first Porsche and there's definitely a "love" thing evolving! 1956 Coupe T1 1600 Normal. The car's in Southern California now but will be going back to jolly old England. I've had some nice cars...but this is by far the best. The previous owner owned her for the last 35 years.

I like the site a lot Justin.....very welcoming, and I've already found a sister car that's just two VIN numbers away from my car! (Both cars completed on that same September 12th 1956.)
    Paul

Very nice! So this is your very first 356 then? How was it that you became interested in owning one? What are your plans for the car after you ship it back to Europe? Enjoy as is or a full restoration? Will you be converting it to RHD? So glad to hear that you feel at home; that is my aim! Thanks for posting this and welcome once again! Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

I'll be driving the car over there in England....once it's shipped over. Look out for 68Nun on it's license plate. It's got a 25 year old restoration but the car hasn't been out of that garage in the last 10 years! A little changing of fluids, seals etc. and she'll be ready to cruse! If the car was a perfect resto I'd be afraid to use it.

Change to right hand drive.....never!!!!??! I think it would ruin any classic to change it from it's original build. I'm a big OG person! (loving a little patina!) I'm a VW bus owner and the natural progression had to be Porsche. I was interested in finding a 912 and the 356 just fell into my lap. My friend summed it up perfectly....he said...if that's a midlife crisis car then I want midlife crisis!!!

The car really is a beaut....if I could only get it into my living room! (Is that normal?)

Comment

Paul, Welcome aboard, great forum and a lots of experience.
        You will like it here. Gordon (more pictures)

Comment

Great Philosophy you have Paul. This car has found a wonderful custodian in you! There are several guys here who have made the leap from Bus or VW to 356. A natural progression to be sure. Looking forward to you're updates with the car! Justin
          Justin Rio

Comment

Welcome along Paul, you have the same idea as me keep it original if possible. Just as an aside On Sunday August 3rd at Goodwood they are having a breakfast meeting 8am - 1.00pm. For August 3rd, they are allowing for the first time a ' paddock' to be kept clear just for 356 cars and very early SWB 911. Its free to get in but you need to register with Goodwood breakfast club to book a space. Should be great if all those who say they are coming arrive. Look on www.ddk-online.com on the 356 pages for the thread.

I would look out for you if you are local enough to come. Providing of course you car is over here by then.

Roy

Comment

Working...
            X