Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• porsche addict from new zealand

hi all
    recently found this forum,but only now signing up,my story,originally from uk,moved to new zealand 6 years back hauling all my crap with me,i am lucky enough (or not somedays) to call my self a classic car restorer,have been for 25 years,i have a small restoration business in christchurch nz,we mainly do porsche/vw,other classics if not so busy on porsche (which is not often),i managed to haul my 54 356 outlaw from uk,but decided to do some work to the car before we put it back on the road here,will post some resto photos of the car if interested,the photo is of the car just before i bought it over,i have owned it about 12 years,and done about 30000 miles in it,hope to get it back on the road again next year,really liking this site will keep checking back i think
    thanks
    alex
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0470_2013-12-27.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	33928

Welcome buzz! Similar here, VWs and Porsches all my life. Great looking car!

Comment

Hey Alex,

Thanks for posting and Welcome to our forum! We would be very interested in having a look at your various projects both past and present if you have some time. Nice looking bent window coupe! Thanks and Welcome once again, so glad you like it here so far! Justin
      Justin Rio

Comment

Very good looking pre a. I also like the trans axle in
        the background. Gordon

Comment

Welcome to Justin's forum--it is a fun place! Love your outlaw.

Comment

Nice to see you on here Alex. Lovely bonnet gap on your car! ( Bonnet might get some thinking on here but not you I guess )

Roy

Comment

thanks all for the feed back,good to see you on here roy,its been a while,as roy would know my 54 is not quite like this at the moment,on arriving in nz i decided to do a bit of light resto work ,things got a bit out of hand,and as usual i went a bit further than i should,along with trying to do a couple of 911s at the same time,and doing this as a job,things have been a bit slow,this link is a little out of date but will let you know where i am roughly up to http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=31043
              i will also post photos of the 911s soon
              alex

Comment

Thanks for the link Alex. Very nice metalwork! My hats off to you for tackling a longitudinal repair on your back. Justin
                Justin Rio

Comment

Hey Alex,

Just re-read your DDK thread to remind me of all the work you have put in on your 356. You really do deserve a medal for that. Do hope the business is still going on okay. You would be waterlogged over here we have had so much rain and so many are flooded out. I hope the earthquake repairs for those in Christchurch are being sorted by now.
                  The trouble is once things disappear out of the media you lose touch only those trying to rebuild still have it on their minds all the time.

Do you still reckon late this year for your car? Looking forward to looking at updates. Its not an easy job as Justin will confirm. When its going well all is great, but it never always stays that way!

Cheers
                  Roy

Comment

hey roy
                    cheers for your message,yes the 54 has been a bit of an adventure ,and so has living here in Christchurch nz,with all its difficulties over the last few years,certainly slowed down me getting on with the 54,but as for work we are flat out with 8 early 911 and 2 356 on the go,i have never been so busy ,go figure,you are right about Christchurch being out of media out of mind,its understandable life carries on,but for here even though things are better than they were,and personally our house has been repaired,most of the rebuild hasent even started yet,they are still ripping stuff down,this is a long term fix,10-15 years is realistic,but for now we will stick it out,and this year is looking good to get the 54 up and running again,there has been some work on the car I will do up dates soon,cheers again roy
                    speak again soon
                    alex

Comment

Working...
                    X