new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new here

this is a great 356 site! I have a 58 cab. project, also interested in hot rods and motorcycles.
    Jay D.

Jay, Thank you for signing up and Welcome to our forum! How long have you been working on this cab? Any shots of it? We all have the same gearhead interests so you'll fit right in! Thanks and Welcome once again! Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

Yes Jay, as Justin says you will fit right in here. I like bikes as well as my 356A as well. Trouble is my wife thinks my old bones will not suit another bike at the moment. Must say I did seem to come off them rather a lot so she probably make sense.

Welcome along. Photos of your cab would be nice.

Roy

Comment

your going to laugh but I've had this 58 cab for, my wife says 43 years and have never driven it. The car had 60,000 or so miles on it when we got it and its been in dry storage in my shop. we have worked on it from time to time and the wife has bought most all the parts that we need other than upholstery, and I think we are going to have some one do that for us. The engine has been replaced with a factory engine or parts at some time. I think case, (no number on the 3rd case part) crank and who knows what, And probably installed by the po. Anyway it leaked oil everywhere. Its been a long 43 years for the Porsche, I work a day job with lots of ot and also run a restoration shop at home. we would work on the 356 and then lose interest for years. I'm on a different work schedule know and trying to close the resto shop down. Then I'll have time to work on my own stuff! The wife has really been on me to get this thing going, its going to be her car. WE worked on it yesterday and got the rear drums ready to send to Colorado for evaluation, their a little lose on the splines. I will try and get some pictures up tonight thanks Jay D

Comment

Originally posted by roy mawbey" post=12550
          Yes Jay, as Justin says you will fit right in here. I like bikes as well as my 356A as well. Trouble is my wife thinks my old bones will not suit another bike at the moment. Must say I did seem to come off them rather a lot so she probably make sense.

Welcome along. Photos of your cab would be nice.

Roy
          ha-ha my wife must be talking to your wife, they think the same. they just built a new motocross track here and I'm wanting to try it out but at 65 she thinks I should not, will see. Jay D

Comment

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0264.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	28008

Name:	DSCN0263.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	28009

Name:	DSCN0262.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	28010

not much to look at but she is nearly rust free. drivers door has some pin holes in the bottom corner, floors good as is the battery area. when I first got the car it had a the shifter (hockey stick)broke so I was unable to drive it. So it just sat in the shop for a few years. I then had a couple of guys sand it to bare metal and do some minor body work and prime it. Well they used lacquer primer, but that's all they had back in the late 60s. Now i'm sanding and blasting the body for some etch prim or epoxy, probably going epoxy.

Comment

That's a nice looking shell Jay! Don't be ashamed of the time that has elapsed. I'm guilty of the same thing; the years turn into decades before you know it! Glad to hear your setting time aside. Keep us posted! Justin
                Justin Rio

Comment

Jay,

Now that is a great body as far as I can see. You will have A REALLY SUPER car when you finish it. Goodness the early cabs I have seen in the same stripped down state as yours have never looked as good as yours. Lucky guy, and as I mentioned above its all due to leaving it alone for a few years

Look forward to your progress. Remember do a little at a time to start but often!

Roy

Comment

Originally posted by roy mawbey" post=12581
                    Jay,

Now that is a great body as far as I can see. You will have A REALLY SUPER car when you finish it. Goodness the early cabs I have seen in the same stripped down state as yours have never looked as good as yours. Lucky guy, and as I mentioned above its all due to leaving it alone for a few years

Look forward to your progress. Remember do a little at a time to start but often!

Roy, Thanks for the encouragement but the wife wants alot at a time and real often. we do need to get it done before time runs out
                    Jay D

Roy

Comment

Working...
                    X