Aloha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha

Aloha , found this site thru samba. my first 356 was a 1959 coupe (sold it to a gentleman from Italy) I currently have a 1955 bent windshield found locally on Oahu

Hello from the mainland! So glad you found your way over here! Amazing how many 356's were shipped over to the islands. Is your '55 a project or are you driving and enjoying it? Thanks for joining us and Welcome! Justin

PS A big thank you to Mic McWilliams for spreading the good word!!
    Justin Rio

Comment

Nice to have you along. It must be nice living in Hawaii. I remember watching 'Hawaii five O' on TV and whilst it seemed always to raining over here in the UK your sky was always Blue

Hope to see some photos of your car. I have a 59A, hope your Italian buyer is enjoying yours.

Roy

Comment

Hey Aloha,
        Tune into Justin, Roy and the gents on this site.
        They won't lead you astray!
        My 1st visit to HI was in September 1969 aboard USS Coral Sea when I was a USN A6 pilot heading West for the Tonkin Gulf.
        Then I got into a sqaudron taking EA3Bs to Guam so we always spent at least one night in Hono getting PPRs for Johnson Is, Wake Kwajalein etc.
        Used to eat at Chuck's in the alley and a have a after dinner drink at the Moana Beach bar lisitng to the island tourist sounds!
        I have a brass plaque in my sail boat that I got at the International Market that says, 'If God Wanted To Have Fiber Glass Boats-He would Have amde Fiber Glass Trees'.
        My boat is FG!
        The fun days.
        Waiting to see pics of your car!

Dick
        Chester, VA

Comment

cruising up H2 headed for Haleiwa

Comment

Aloha Justin, Roy and Dick, mahalo for the warm welcome.

I love to watch the old Hawaii 5-0 checking out the old cars.

yes my car is a driver but I rarely bring her out (to many uninsured drivers)

Oahu has changed a lot since you have been here sad to say but they will knocking down the old international market place

Comment

Working...
            X