New guy from Northern California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy from Northern California

Greg is my given name. The majority of my car time has been with VW's, but in the last 5 years or so I have been getting into 356's as well.

I've owned 3 '54 Coupes and countless "parts cars" from '53 - '65. While I am probably too big (6'-2" 250lbs) for a Speedster, I have one on my bucket list.

My current driver -

Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_2290.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	20877

Love your car Greg. It's come a long way. Great to see you here!
    Jack Stenner
    ---------------
    1953 Porsche 356 Coupe 1500N
    1959 VW SO-23 Camper

Comment

Greg, Nice coupe, Ya at 6'2" your going to find a Speedster a little tight fit.LOL I'm 5'11" and find my 55 Speedster a little snug at times.
      Welcome to the Porsche world and welcome to the group.

George

Comment

Greg,

I like your 356, very nice indeed. ) Pleased you have joined up here its a nice friendly place to be as well interesting regarding 356's

Cheers

Roy

Comment

Welcome to our forum Greg and Thank you for posting some shots of that sweet Hotrod coupe of yours! Alot of us have watched you perfect it through the years and it really has turned out to be quite the package! Really nice job on it! Thanks and Welcome once again! Justin
          Justin Rio

Comment

Love your coupe Greg. White and red is a great combination. Polished Fuchs too! My absolute favorite on any Porsche. I've always liked the bench seat as well. As far as being too tall for a Speedster, I fabricated a seat frame fron 1/4" flat bar stock that lowered the seat a bit and adjusted the rear stops which reclined the seat substantially giving me more headroom. Erik

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

My Coupe is in this months AirMighty and will be in #2 or #3 of Porsche Lifestyle as well.
              Fuchs are my wheel of choice, always chromed, sometimes detailed as well. The front on this car are a little different being 6's I cut down to 4.5's so the spokes stick out farther.

Name:	330578.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	20905

Name:	330577.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	20906

Comment

That is SLICK; a touch more positive offset than a stock 4.5 alloy. Nice work Greg! Its trick custom stuff like this I love learning about. I realize you wanted something unique but how did you come out cost wise? Cost of the donor wheel, machine shop time and tig welding? Equal to the value of an orignal 4.5? Thanks for sharing this build detail. Very COOL!! Justin
                Justin Rio

Comment

I've done 4 - 5 sets. The ones I have sold I let go raw and get chromed 4.5's and cash as payment. It's a labor of love, and other people wanting them understand the time / money involved to make them.

Comment

Welcome Greg

Cool car and cool rims!

Comment

After disclosing this you may get sevaral orders for more. Nice looking conversion once again! Justin
                      Justin Rio

Comment

Thanks again guys.
                        No problem on the wheels either. I'll make them for anyone interested.

Comment

Because Justin asked to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndkm09PJkJQ

Comment

Working...
                          X