A belated new member!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A belated new member!

I meant to do this about 10 months ago-- so finally I got around to it. Getting old is a bitch!

My name is Pat Daily and I live in a suburb of Richmond, Virginia and have owned a 356B coupe (121123) since August of 1995. Her name is Fast Frieda and she shares the garage with Mellow Marlene -- my 74 Karmann Ghia Cabriolet that I bought new in September of 1974. I have been a VW and Porsche nut for as long as I can remember (saw my first 356 in Munich in 1951 and rode in a 4 door VW Rometsch that took my father to work in 1950). First car I bought was a used 62 VW from Art Bunker VW/Porsche in Kansas City. I am also a fan of aviation history.

I am retired Navy (24 years) and also retired again from helping build the US national organ transplant network (UNOS) which is headquartered in Richmond. Now (at age 70) I mostly play with the cars,build model planes that fly (rc and free flight) and dabble in photography. And I am a dedicated equestrian support team member ( I shovel horse shit) for my daughter!

My wife, Sandie, and I travel quite a bit with England, France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria and Germany among our favorite places to visit.

So now you know! Thanks to Justin for making this a fantastic website for Porsche fans!

Pat, Thank you for taking some time to share some info about yourself. Better late than never! It sounds like you're really enjoying life which was nice to read. Your posts and interaction have been great additions to this small forum; especially the ones very early on. Its greatly appreciated!
    Thank you for the really nice words and feedback on the RFR thread. I am so happy to know that you approve of this forum's basic hands-off approach and most importantly of all; you enjoy being here.

Thanks once again Pat!

Best Regards,
    Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

Hi Pat,
      In two weeks I'll be joining you in the 70s club. All of a sudden time is a most important commodity! Hopefully we have quite a bit left to enjoy, but we sure don't need it being wasted with "snarkiness". I've better things to do than be insulted! Like having more fun with Mandy and Speedy, guys like you right here, and racing RC cars, a 20-year hobby now. We live in Austria half-year, so maybe our paths will cross soon, that would be nice.
      My best to you and Sandie,
      Craig
      Craig Richter

Comment

Thanks Justin and Craig. This is a really neat forum and I enjoy it a lot.

Craig you are right about time being the most important commodity! I keep putting off restoration on my cars because I want drive them as much as I can in the remaining time I have left--I will let the next owners worry about the restoration projects after I am gone!

Craig, where do you live in Austria and the US? Have you been to the Automuseum in Gmund? I love driving in the mountains of Austria.

Comment

Pat, I've lived in Laguna Beach California in a termite-ridden old wood building I built 40 years ago. Combo storefronts/apartments about 100' from the beach. Really "beachy" and fun, and I've taken over 3 of the garage spaces for shop and toys.
          Mandy and I bought our first flat (tiny little summer place) in Traunkirchen Austria about 10 years ago, in an old Italian Villa remodeled into 12 condos, complete with a slice of lake front and dock. We're just finishing a re-do of a bigger corner flat with garden this summer. Salzburg is less than an hour to the west, and Gmund another hour south. Both our places are breath-taking in their own ways, we are very lucky.
          Speedy is with us for the summer, and if it would please stop raining, maybe we could drive them Alps. The lake is flooded 2 meters over normal today, causing much damage all around! So how's your day going?
          Craig
          Craig Richter

Comment

Craig

My day is going great--sunny and not too hot. Going out to the barn in a few minutes to meet my daughter Shannon and watch her ride her new horse. Shannons is into eventing and we just picked up "Pitt Maneuver" (his thorougbred registered name) Saturday and she is so excited she can hardly contain herself at work! This is her yesterday.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4167_2013-06-03.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	19449

Comment

Precious!
              Craig Richter

Comment

Working...
              X