Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi t.o all. I have owned a 68 912, a 92 911 C2 and a 59 coupe. I sold the 912 several years ago and the C2 was stolen two years ago. I decided to limit my Porshces to the 59.

I have owned the 59 coupe since 1976. It was my only car for 12 years. My kids got too big, so I put it away, thinking I would bring it out in a few years. A few years turned into 15 or so,at which time I started a full restoration. I replaced the floor panels, longitudinals, door bottoms, sound insulation, rebuilt all gauges, installed a dual master cylinder, stripped the body down to bare metal, removing what little body filler there was, and painted the car black.

It left the factory in silver metallic with red leatherette and a Normal engine. When finished, it will be black with red leather. Harry Pellow built a Super 90 for me, one of the last motors he did before he died. I have not installed the motor yet, as health issues brought restoration to a halt several years ago. I have recently slowly began to finish the job. Trans needs some attention before I install the motor. Then I can replace the carpet, headliner, upholstery repLate chrome as needed and put everything back together. The goal is a nice driver.

I look forward to broadening my Porsche knowledge with the help of this forum and contributing where I can. Thank you for your hard work in constructing and maintaining the site.

John Allen

Thank you for posting and sharing your story John! Welcome to our forum! Your 356 sounds like its going to be great. I love black cars! If you get a chance please post some shots, we would love to see it! Welcome once again! Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

Thank you for the welcome. I will post pics when I figure how.

Allow me to add that I am also a member of 356 Registry. I particularly admire your policy of inclusiveness.

Thanks again,
      John

Comment

Working...
      X