New member w/an early A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member w/an early A

I'm a car guy that was born in a car guy family. I was very happy to find this forum- I was a registry member before there was an Internet and enjoyed the magazine but the folks on that forum aren't the most welcoming..
    My current Porsche is a '56 A Super that I've had for quite a while. I had a 57 normal (t2) that was not drivable that I sold. Dad has a '60 B Roadster. He bought his first Porsche new at the factory in '65. A very early 912. He said there were end of the run Cs and the new 911/912s all there at the time. He brought it back to Seattle and it was pretty exotic at the time.
    I also am into hot rods and muscle cars also, so that may why the concours crowd isn't my scene. I love cars to drive and can't get into feather dusters.
    Thanks a lot for the community. KTF
    Greg

Hey Greg,
    Thank you very much for signing up and welcome to our forum! Sounds like you caught the Porsche "bug" from your father like I did. Is your '56 a project car or a driver? Your father still owns the '60 Roadster? I have a soft spot for hotrods and the sound of a V8 engine too. Post some photos of your cars if you have some time. Thanks and WELCOME once again! Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

Thanks Justin- I'll have to spend a little time and see how to post pics on here (from iPhone).
      Yes, the 56 is a nice (not perfect) driver. It has a B engine (large oil pump) and SC disc brakes. Pops still has the Roadster too. He restored it in the late 80s but is still quite nice. Definitely caught the bug from the old man. He sold his 409 impala SS to buy his first 912, I never thought about it that way but I sold my 427 '67 camaro to buy 356.

Comment

Sounds like a really nice car with all the tried and true mechanical upgrades from back in the day. Do you have the later ZF steering box as well or are you still running the original type 1 VW unit? I've gone just the opposite way, had the Porsche already thanks to dear old dad but sold off a ton of my 356 stash to finance my '62 corvette. Look forward to seeing your cars! Justin
        Justin Rio

Comment

Greg,

Pleased to see you on here, Must say it is a friendly bunch and we seem not obsesive about rules. I am the same as you took my car once many years ago to a show and when the owners of a car next to mine started to use a toothpick to take small stones out of the tyre treads that was enough for me. Never taken part again but I do go to
          breakfast meetings which are informal.

If you get stuck with photos ask and I will put my procedure on. It works very well on here.

Cheers

Roy

Comment

Working...
          X