Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another new member that has lost his mind...!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new member that has lost his mind...!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	mycarJ.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	13371
    Call me crazy but this is what I'm starting with!

Saw my car in the "dead and bloated" thread... lol

Comment

Hey Frank, Welcome to our forum!!! Ambitious project you have there. Yes, your rear skin is in the dead and bloated thread so You must have purchased everything from Ric at Rusty Tubs? What are you plans for the car? Are you going to locate a stock 356 chassis or build your own tube frame? Looking forward to some progress shots! Thanks for posting and Welcome once again! Justin
      Justin Rio

Comment

Welcome, Glad to see I am not alone on the mantal ward!! Plans??
        60 Coupe Outlaw Project

Comment

My pre A may end up this style. My rear torsion is wrong and the front has been hit. Bent beam just a little. So the tube frame is the way to go for me. May be a good time to incorporate a ballpoint beam up front, narrowed for link pin early looks, but retaining wide 5 in the form of disc brakes from aftermarket vendor. I know link pin is old school, but the ballpoint was a mega improvement ride wise...and with adjusters and the availability of dropped ball joints, It seems like I'm a pioneer.

Comment

Radride, looks like you have most of the car body, and way cooler than a kit car in fiberglass.
            What will you do for a front end? Or maybe you have one. The skin and front suspension?
            Is the single cab for sale?

Comment

oh dear you not got much to work with.. going to be interesting to follow
              A few old Porsches no one wanted and some big old kites for water work.

Comment

Hey Justin
                You are correct I bought the shell, doors and hood from Ric at Rusty Tubs. Plans are to put it on a shortened VW pan. Not sure what pan I will be using... I have a 64 Ghia that I will be using alot of parts from but have a 57 bug pan that I may use just because of the year. It will be a mix of all years of VW's and will be sure it looks good when I'm done with it. Can't wait to start on it but have to finish a friends 59 ragtop bug that I put new pans and heater channels in first.

Restomod
                Seems like all my projects start out like this...

Manolin
                Still deciding what I want to do with the front end. Have a few options but not sure yet. The single was sold to purchase the 356. It was waiting for the shipper to pick it up in the picture.

Surfer71
                It may take awhile but it will be interesting to see how it comes together!

Comment

A 1955 bug I built

Name:	DSCF0455.JPG
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	13435

On the road

Name:	DSCF4180.JPG
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	13436

The fun is building cars that were headed for the scrap yard to getting on the road again.

Comment

A Volksrod I'm building

Name:	6-6-2009074.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	13438

Name:	IMG_2009.JPG
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	13439

Comment

Nice work Frank! I see that your 356 clip is in very capable hands! Love the Volks-rod BTW. Hey, maybe a volks-rod/356? I don't think its been done before. How radical were you thinking on the body lines? Looking forward to seeing what you finally come up with. Justin
                      Justin Rio

Comment

Hmmm, time for a new hybrid section? Really anything goes in the hot rod 356 world. Justin, there have been several 356 featured in the UK mags and one or two in excellence that seem to be a mix of Porsche and Vw aftermarket parts. Fred Veitch car, kCW pre A build are two that stand out. Then there are a select number of drag racers with Vw guts.

The result of kissing cousins.

Comment

Radride,

I will follow your efforts with interest.

Roy

Comment

Hey Frank, got this one from Rusty tubs a while ago. I believe its your body before it was removed from its original chassis. Thought you might like to have it. Justin BTW: will get that cowl boxed this week. Sorry for the delay...

Name:	Insp356338.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	15634
                            Justin Rio

Comment

Working...
                            X