Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All ,I just found this Great Site and Registered.
    I recently bought a 1965 356 C Basket case, very complete that I am restoring and plan to use as a Driver ,possibly a light Outlaw but nothing crazy . I will doing most if not all of the work myself as I have done other cars but not a 356.Thanks in advance for any help I might recieve.
    Bruce Caswell

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for joining and Welcome! This is your first 356 then? We'll be looking forward to any History,Pictures or current work you might be doing on it. If you have any questions please don't hesitate ask! Welcome once again!
    Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

Bruce,

Looking forward to hearing how you get on with your car. Its a nice site here for easily putting on photos. Best of luck with the car.

Roy

Comment

Hi Guys and thanks for the support. This is my first 356.I have owned a 83 911 SC Cabr. a real nice one that I lost during a storage event. So I replaced it with a loaded 05 Boxster S . But antique cars and Bikes are my main interest.
        Over the past 15 Yrs. I have done a complete resto on a AH Bugeye Sprite ,a 61 Harley Panhead to a 98 point Bike ,a Body off complete resto on a 66 Vette ,a complete correct resto on a 46 Indian Chief until I took a turn at the end and skipped the front fender and Bobbed a 39 Harley rear fender to a period Bobber.,A 49 MGTC got roadworthy,A 68 BMW R-60 Airhead cycle.I took a 99 HD Springer and made a Wide tire bare bones Bobber with drag bars using the stock harley springer slightly raked.And most recanntly I built from scratch a 1950s period 32 Highboy with a 30 Roadster body powered by a Buick Nailhesd w/a Muncie 4 spd.And I just picked up a 54 Rover 90 Saloon Car in very good shape. Unfortiatly I don't have the room or the funds to keep them all so some have been sold to finance the next Project. I still have the Hot Rod ,Boxster,the Rover, a 06 Harley Road Glide and the 356 these I plan on keeping except the Rover but I'll have some fun w/it first.I hope I didn't bore you to death . Bruce

Comment

Hey Bruce,

Very interesting car and bike history. If you have time I would really like to see any pictures of your other projects. In the open forum there is a thread called: "your other auto obsessions" I have my '62 vette there an few other guys were nice enough to share their other cars or you can just start a fresh thread with your stuff if you like. Hope you will! Thanks again! Justin
          Justin Rio

Comment

Bruce,

I like to hear all about other cars you have owned. My dad had for a number of years a 59 AH bugeye sprite. It was so accessable to get at things. His was ivory and red interior. I liked the car a lot. When he bought it around 1961 I remember one day leaving the radio on. I was used to early transistor in the 62 Mini I then owned and didn't realise about the power consumption of the valve ( tube) radio he had. He wasn't happy when it would'nt start. Ever since then I am aware of that even more so because my 59'A' has a Motorola vslve radio I still turn on most days. I had never seen another motorola fitted as from new in 356A until a year ago when I spotted one in another 59 'A' like mine. I told the owner how to trim the aerial to get a stronger signal.

What happened to the Sprite? Nice to have you on board here.

Pic of my Motorola below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6719.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	5698

Roy

Comment

Hi Bruce
              Welcome, your gonna love this site.
              I try to visit every day. Great cars and nice people.
              Gordon

Comment

Hi Roy , Good story and I love your radio. I decided to sell the Sprite in the fall a few yrs.ago after having to pay to store it the previous winter and I was using the now finished Vette and my Bike more often. I painted the Bugeye BRG with Black interior w/green piping and a Black stayfast Tonneau shod with Minilite wheels and tires. It was real nice ,I'll try to scan some photos of it.
                Bruce

Comment

Thanks Bruce! Looking forard to pictures when you get time! Justin
                  Justin Rio

Comment

Roy , thats a nice looking radio. I sold the Sprite at a local classic car auction years back when I had to pay to store it winters and was driving my 66 vette and my Harley more. At the time I was working too much to drive everything enough .I still miss it along with the other cars and Bikes that I had to part with ,to persue the "Next Project".
                    Bruce

Comment

Bruce,

Yes I am attached to my 'Motorola' valve (tube) radio. The problem is the number of stations I can pick up has reduced I presume with so many now digital. But there you go, times change.

Your 'frog eyed bug eye' sounded really nice, but as you know its not possible to keep everything. Its only later you begin to think its a shame I didnt. I wish I had not sold my BSA Goldstar or my Norton bikes. The trouble is to replace now, would really drain my resources!

Hope you sort the photo side, it works really well actually, not many forums allow you to put a photo on with a high pixle resolution but this one does. If you have a number of photo's it does seem faster to 're-size them pixle wise, or as Dick does, select a lower resolution on the camera. ( Yet to try that out )

Roy

Comment

Thanks Roy , that will be my next quest .I removed my front and rear floor pans on the 356 today.So I got a good start.
                        Bruce

Comment

Working...
                        X