Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm a new member to this site, I'm the proud owner of a 356C which I bought 8 years ago.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SV101397.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	98692

Hello and Welcome! Very nice looking C , was this your first 356 purchase?
    Justin Rio

Comment

Yes, my first 356 purchase, therefore I've owned a karmann ghia

Comment

I've always been surprised about how many people mistake my 356 for a Ghia.
        Justin Rio

Comment

Welcome to Justin's great site!

When driving a 356 or 911 in the '60s, '70s and into the '80s and even into the '90s....(including a nice $1,200 C Coupe like yours in the '70s, but red) I participated in the tradition of Porsche owners flashing their lights to another oncoming Porsche.

I was occasionally guilty of assuming what was coming at me was another Porsche and flashed my lights...only to find that it was a Karmann Ghia. No harm done, but I was fooled. Hummm....fooled ONLY by a Karmann Ghia.

I think those drivers were pleased to get that respect if they knew that drill...or they may have assumed I was warning of a speed trap ahead of them, no matter now.

I did do work eons ago on a Karmann Ghia that was basically a C, as it had C disc brakes bolted on and a C engine bolted in. A very nice 'sleeper' as I remember.

-Bruce

Comment

Working...
          X