No announcement yet.

Petcock valve & Roof Bow frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those look pretty nice Manny! As they are laser cut the edges a far cleaner and crisp than originally. One observation, you've made Low-bow version links but your center bow base flange (lower right corner) is angled and length set for a High bow application. Here's a post I did a while back on the differences: http://www.abcgt.com/forum/4-356-Forum/5540-The-Speedster-top-Frame---Low-Bow-2-High-bow.html
    While I expected geometry problems for you anyway, the mixing of the two versions is really going to throw in a curve. Nice parts though! Keep us posted on your progress!
    Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

I have read the article on the high bow and low bow, really a very good article it is very informative,thank you.
      I do believe there is going to be geometry problems, laser cutting the parts as I have done, establishes a staring point and brings me a step closer to the end product. To compensate for these anomalies I had extra pieces cut which can be used to cut and join until we can establish the correct geometry and articulation. Once we have established a functional scissor roof I will update the CAD data accordingly depending on the amount of modifications we might have a new set laser cut, the linkage edges will chamfered and curved and sent for medium blasting then painted. For the initial trials we will use bolts and nuts the final version will be riveted with nylon washers. The top and rear bow still remains a grey area but Armand and I have have discussed this in length and I do believe we have a solution to determine the bow sizes, I will keep the forum posted how this unfolds. As for the header bow we are also moving away from the pipe idea that I initially had and might opt for the sheet metal manipulation method.

Comment

I had the laser cut linkages shipped to Armand (Impi) and asked him to test out if the articulation and dimensions are within a reasonable range, a quick assembly of the linkages and this is the results, there is still lots of work to be done and final pivot positions still to be established. I am quite happy with the laser cut parts, and most of all it does articulate. The bows must still be fabricated and the Soft Top to be fitted to establish bow heights, the linkages to be above and parallel with the soft top window opening.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	ScissorRoofArticulation.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	62496

Comment

Looks like a very promising start Manny. The linkage pretty much all starts out very cooperative working independently. The troublesome binding will occur once you begin tacking the bows to the linkage. Thanks for the update! Justin
          Justin Rio

Comment

Armand and I have the Scissor roof articulation almost all sorted out, the past weekend we had a go at manipulating the rear cowl bow, I am very content with the outcome.

Name:	Picture1.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	65701

Comment

That's a tricky PIA profile for sure with its compound curves. You and Armand did well! I really like your backseat, parcel shelf and frame details, Nice work on that too!
              Justin Rio

Comment

Could someone kindly offer assistance with regards to the header bow latch bracket inner holes pitch.

Name:	Pitch.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	85598

Comment

Working...
                X