No announcement yet.

My Replica Speedster "The Black Sheila"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% correct, my facial muscles still hurt. It was an awesome experience,the best part it has given me the motivation to push harder to complete the speedster.

Click image for larger version

Name:	05be1ac3ed9ab883978412692e9271ef.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	85603

Comment

As mentioned in a previous post, most of the work on the speedster is almost done it is mobile, needs a few minor adjustments and finishing touches but there are a few minor issues that Armand and I discussed in detail all the work and modifications that has gone into this project, why stop there we noticed that the gaps and flushness on the hood, deck-lid and doors did not look correct, besides on the front left wing has a nasty bulge which distorted the flow lines of the speedster this was due to the nose job modification.

From the start of this build I planned to model this speedster after the 1958 Speedster T2 sadly we have not much options in the South Africa and had to settle for a Pre-A body shape which is the only speedster kit available in SA, this has the curved rocker panels which is not correct for the T2, to obtain the T2 look I needed to rectify the rocker panel, once again I am grateful as Armand came to the rescue he had a set of T2 steel rocker panels which we used as a mold. Below is a few pic on the progress .

Name:	image72.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	87720

Name:	image1.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	87721

Name:	image2.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	87722

Name:	image3_2017-04-24.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	87723

Name:	image4.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	87724

Name:	image5.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	87725

Comment

They're never really "done" are they Manny? Like the way you're blocking the doors in with the body. That should really clean up the body lines nicely. Great work!
        Justin
        Justin Rio

Comment

Your'e absolutely correct it never ends, I am really hoping this is the last hurdle I need to get it done, I spent thirty odd years looking for an original I hope it not going take me another 25 years to get a replica done.

Comment

Working...
          X