Speedster "C" 1982

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedster "C" 1982

While looking through some old boxes several weeks ago I ran across this old Kitcar magazine from November 1982. It was the introduction of the flared-fendered speedster California. I remember my father and I looking through it the day he bought this issue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3561708.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	1734
    November 1982, Hard to believe that was 30 years ago!

Name:	3561709.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1735
    Here is the original add that was found inside. We both liked the looks of this car especially from this angle.

Name:	3561711.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	1736
    Once we got to that actual article it fell apart a little for us. While it looks great from quarter angles like I said, the full-on profile look of the wheel arches (especially the rear) didn't do it for either of us. It may also have been those ugly cheap gold wheels they had on there which certainly did not help. Anyway, 30 years ago when this widebody speedster was introduced!
    Justin Rio

I remember way back in about 1984 I got my first pair of air Jordans in San Francisco. Whilst I was struttin' my new treads down at fisherman's wharf I saw a speedster C just like the one in your post. It was roped off and on display, totally amazing.
    Shiny red paint, those uber cool gold wheels and nerf bars. boy , the 80's were a little tragic.
    But full of great memories.

Comment

This had to be the very car then on display I would imagine. I know what you mean about the 80's I look back fondly on that decade. In my mind it does not seem that long ago although it certainly is. Those original Air jordans are worth alot of money now!! (provided they are in the box new)
      BTW: I had to look at "jordan" twice I almost thought it read "Jordache". Did you have a pair of them as well?? Go on,You can admit it.
      Justin Rio

Comment

Working...
      X