• Show
Clear All

• Wings and Wheels- Bethel PA, 11 July '15

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_16781.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	63799
    (2) German Porsche cars at the event for which to vote along with the many planes. The people's choice ballots asked for 'best vehicle,' (V) and 'best airplane,' (A) The first placard number assignment for the Speedster was V-1 and the second, for the Coupe, was V-2. How.....'ironic.'

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_16731.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	63800
    The Fokker flew but in typical German fashion, leaked oil. I voted for a beautiful 1946 Cessna 140

Bruce Baker

Thanks Bruce! Great name for that plane.
    Justin Rio

Comment

Bruce,
      I attended the Deutsche Classic in Oley, Pa on the 11th, my 1st time to this event and very well attended. Quite a few 356's but stupid me I didn't bring a camera.
      Maybe we'll see you there next year!

Comment

Thanks, Don.

We can't be at two places at once, so 356ers had to choose whether to split time at the two events or just do the Deutsche Classic. The airfield's draw was for those of us 356ers (I counted 3 including me) who are frustrated pilots and the plus is that my wife and I like the annual evening Big Band concert. Great oldies by Benny Goodman, Gershwin, Dorsey, etc....until sundown. Impressive old planes and a great (cheap!) chicken dinner with homemade desserts....hope the two events don't conflict in the future!

-Bruce

Comment

Working...
        X