No announcement yet.

LA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody attend the Registry Members Meeting? I haven't seen any reports here or on the Registry site. For those of us who live too far away, we would like to hear about it.

Comment

Pat:

Rosemary, who would have been eligible, chose to stay home and bake some bread for, of all things, a car club party some woodie friends were holding that afternoon. I am persona non grata so do not have personal knowledge. The following, therefore, is hearsay, but was sent to me by email. I have quoted what I received verbatim. I cannot vouch for its reliability but it mostly has the ring of truth.

31 people there only. Dunn opened not with "here is where the club is and where it is going" but rather--"we only have these because we have to and we'll answer as many questions as you want". Then, he sat down.

Predictable stuff mostly---yes, they have asked for a hearing regarding protective stuff and yes, essentially, it is another "try".

The suit against [Heinrichs] has cost about $2,400 so far. No answer if it ramps up as to more costs.

Trustees spend maybe two hours a day on this and [Dunn] talks to Chieffo twice a week.

PCNA, PAG and all of Porsche is behind them and their efforts but they can say nothing. Porsche has put much pressure on the Plaintiff to settle.

They paid one $10,000 deductible (n.b., I think two deductibles but who cares? [Sampson comment inserted - I know of only one but they seldom consult me])

Here's a surprising one: As to the offer---they never got anything. Only stumbled upon it when they saw on another site. Neilsen or Dunn or somebody called Chieffo who called [Heinrichs's] lawyer who said she knew nothing about it. Rather odd, since it was in the form of a letter from her which ended up being posted and commented upon on both sites. [Sampson insertion: Skirmants even commented upon Ms. Miller's poor writing skills]

But, anyway, there was no point in acknowledging because it contained things they did not have the power to do. Now---that is, well, absurd.

They have only thrown out one person. Someone says "what about Sampson?" Answer: we did not throw him out; we just refused his attempt to join.

I think there was some more but those are the Starbucks highlights.
      As to the trustees' claims they did not hear of the Heinrichs offers first you have to believe that none of them read this forum. Then you have to believe that Skirmants and Liberty did not make the comments they did about the offers that appear in this thread: http://porsche356registry.org/356talk/6/34421.html. Scroll through it to October 7, 2013, when the first offer was posted and then to November 7, 2013 when a revised offer was posted. Make your own decisions as to veracity.

Thanks for inquiring here and on the R forum. I hope that others will provide more illumination here and there.

Except for Felix none of the trustees would even acknowledge my presence despite the fact I was closer than five feet to all except Garretson (10 feet). Felix and I had a cordial conversation. I was present when Trevor Gates suggested to Felix that Felix and Steve should simply converse man to man to see if something could be done. Felix declined - he is pleasant but quite circumspect, somewhat understandably. I suggested that Felix invite Steve to address the members and take their questions at the "member" meeting. Felix advised that Steve wasn't a member so couldn't attend - something of a non sequitur since I had suggested Steve appear only for that single purpose. At least Felix spoke to me. Thanks Felix.

Rosemary, who is a member of the R, and I, who contributed some of our community property to her dues, are displeased that the Registry has chosen to waste, so far, $2400 of our money on its frivolous and clearly personal lawsuit against Heinrichs. That lawsuit considerably antedates the "personal" federal lawsuit that Heinrichs filed against the trustees and officers. We are also disturbed that the trustees have chosen to ignore, to quote Liberty in the lawsuit thread, attempts at resolution of these matters. It is generally wiser to resolve litigation by even grudging cooperation with your adversary than to leave the entire matter up to a judge who may well make everyone unhappier than he/she would have been if actually participating in the resolution directly.
      Bill Sampson

BIRD LIVES!!!!!

HAYDUKE LIVES!!!!!

Comment

Bill in this paragraph --

"Except for Felix none of the trustees would even acknowledge my presence despite being closer than five feet to all except Garretson (10 feet). Felix and I had a cordial conversation. I was present when Trevor Gates suggested to Felix that Felix and Steve should simply converse man to man to see if something could be done. Felix declined - he is pleasant but quite circumspect, somewhat understandably. I suggested that Felix invite Steve to address the members and take their questions at the "member" meeting. Felix advised that Steve wasn't a member so couldn't attend - something of a non sequitur since I had suggested Steve appear only for that single purpose. At least Felix spoke to me. Thanks Felix."

Are you speaking of your experience? As in you were the person who did not get acknowledged? Kind of confusing on who is saying what here. In the first paragraph you mention having no personal knowledge so I assumed you weren't there?
        Mic
        1959A coupe

Comment

Mic:

Sorry for the confusion. Part of it was due to a typo on my part. I have fixed the hearsay quotation and it is now in red.

I personally attended the Toy/Lit meet and heard and participated in the cordial conversation with Trevor and Felix. I had another cordial conversation just between Felix and me an hour or so earlier. Other than Felix, the trustees did not acknowledge me. Liberty stood 3 feet from me and spoke to someone seated immediately next to me while I was helping man the Porsche 356 Club (SoCal) membership table. He did periodically sneak a peek at my shocking pink "INIMICAL" T shirt. :>)

I did not attempt to attend the "member meeting" since I am not a member. The red quotation is a hearsay report sent to me. Hearsay is not necessarily untrue, I just cannot personally authenticate it.

EDIT: Bob Forman has posted his report on the member meeting on the R forum now.
          Bill Sampson

BIRD LIVES!!!!!

HAYDUKE LIVES!!!!!

Comment

Jack,
            Just read this, and no i obviously didn't make it. My Saturday was free but changed late Friday night. Bummed as there were 2 items that I wanted to consider at the Lit.

Comment

Working...
            X