Hershey Swapmeet 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hershey Swapmeet 2013

My good friend Bruce Baker was kind enough to send me a few shots of the days festivities. Thanks again Bruce! Justin
    Click image for larger version

Name:	150cumulativeyearsoftheswapandstillcoming.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	16719

Name:	911Bling.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	16720

Name:	911Bling2.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	16721

Name:	Boxes1.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	16722
    Mark Burkitts outfit. Great guy ole' Mark...

Name:	Boxes2.JPG
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	16723

Name:	Boysandtheirtoys.JPG
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	16724
    Justin Rio

Name:	downfromCanada.JPG
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	16726

Name:	MorganthewonderdogsDad.JPG
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	16727

Name:	Partstable.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	16728

Name:	Stoddardowneractuallyworks.JPG
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	16729

Name:	Tooltable.JPG
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	16730

Name:	Toytable.JPG
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	16731

Name:	Wrighton.JPG
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	16732
    Thanks again Bruce! If you have more, would love to see what we missed! Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

Truthfully, I was so busy in my spot that I didn't think to take pictures until things were winding down. My fovorite "photo-op" was at Mick Michelsen's spot where he had tons of toy Porsches. What's better than a freckled-face kid holding a toy Porsche with a big smile? Mick himself makes me laugh every time we have a conversation, a great guy all around. The shot of Stoddard owner Bruce Schwartz pushing a pallet jack is significant in it's symbology, as I had a great talk with him about his efforts in parts development and his company's commitment to the brand itself. He was proud to show me that inside their new 900-series print catalog, Porsche itself placed an ad.
      The group of guys that I asked to pose represent at least 150 years of swap meet participation. "Radar" (holding the cup, in the middle)sold me my T-5 B GS/GT in the mid-seventies.....for $675. Second from the left, Eric Wahlberg, runs the Hershey Concours each year and the People's Choice vote made him present himself with a trophy for his Speedster. Dick Milstead, 356 esoteric detail guru, 2nd from the right, traveled and displayed with me, Friend Tim Kuser is to the far right and another regular and friend, Steve, is to the left. It rained on Friday night, was cool (OK, cold) and clearing on Saturday morning, but the wind was the worse influence on setting up. All-in-all, it was a great day and in true Hershey tradition, the weather got better as everyone began to depart.
      The other shot of personalities is of 2 Wrights, that likely can't make a Wrong...Adam and his Mom....I heard from several attendees that Adam was on his best behavior. Maybe it was his Mom's influence, as she told me that everyone had to buy something from them to help make her sons successful..."as that may influence the choice of old folks home for me (her)."

Comment

Hey Bruce, Thanks for taking these shots and putting some names and history to these faces. Does Radar still talk about the 675.00 GS/GT or is that a sore subject? I wished I was closer; would have loved to of been there to meet you in person. Thanks again! Justin
        Justin Rio

Comment

A great weekend to be sure!

Comment

Looks like you were having a great time, your mother too...
            Justin Rio

Comment

Working...
            X