Clear All

• The Last Eleven- Jacques Mertens and Philip Carney

Great book!

http://www.porsche356sl.com/new.html
    trevorcgates@gmail.com
    Engine # P66909... are you out there
    Fun 356 events in SoCal = http://356club.org/

Thanks Trevor,

Gerard, was telling me what a great book it is however I think it was only printed in French??? A lot of great photos anyway.
    Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

Guys:
      My copy is in English.
      Of the 63 Gmund coupes, the last eleven were reserved by the factory for racing. By then Porsche was building the steel 356s, and these aluminum cars were lighter and faster. A great book if you are interested in the early history. Mainly black and white photos, with some color, hardback, 97 pages.
      Steve Clarke
      '65 C coupe
      '73 911

Comment

Hi Steve, Trevor and Justin

link quoted by Trevor refer to Jacques Mertens site dedicated to Gilberte Thirion and her Gmund 356GT 356/2 061
        Jacques owe this car to day and his near to complete the full restoration
        Jacques is also a member of this forum but unfortunately he has never posted something
        Jacques has accumulated a huge number of old pictures referring to his car but he will be very pleased if some of you had pictures of 356/2 061 different from the ones on his site
        To come back to the book : "the last eleven" this book is available in French and in English
        For those interested here is the adress to order it in the US
        Click image for larger version

Name:	lasteleven.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	43773

Name:	lasteleven1.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	43774

Name:	lasteleven2.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	43775

Comment

Thanks guys! I thought I'd heard it wasn't available in English. Maybe I'm thinking of that Reutter book that came out several years ago.
          Justin
          Justin Rio

Comment

Working...
          X