13th Southern States Employee Car Show 5/9/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13th Southern States Employee Car Show 5/9/14

The 13th Annual Southern States Employee Car Show was held Friday May 9, 2014 here at their head quarters here in Richmond, VA.
    Having a couple of neighbors who work there one of them started me attending about 10-12 years ago.

There is the usual collection of rods, antiques and a few foreign cars in attendance.
    This is a deal.
    It costs $10 to show your car and they feed you lunch at a big cookout!

Of course the Roadster was the only Porsche once again.
    There were 117 entries this year in Modern and Classic Divisions. Folks can vote on their choice of vehicle by putting money in quart paint cars that have the cars number on them.
    The proceeds are donated to Benefit the Virginia State Police Association.
    They are there with some of their latest vehicles to show as are one of the local county fire departments with a big ladder truck.

This is a view of some of the entries from across the front lid of the Roadster.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5-9-143.SSCarShowEntriesOverRoadster.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	318.8 KB
ID:	42254

These are the European line up, mostly MGs, and TRs.
    One MGB GT had a Ford 302 nicely installed in it.

Name:	5-9-1414.SSTheEuropeanLineUp.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	307.9 KB
ID:	42255

My 1961 356B Roadster took a 3rd Place in the Classic Division.
    Can't remeber who took a 1st or second. The car of the show was a nice 1963 split window Vette brought in by a older gentleman.

Name:	5-9-144.SS20143rdPlaceClassicDivision.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	308.2 KB
ID:	42256

Thanks for posting this Dick and congratulations on placing at the show!
    Being the only Porsche there I am sure you were quite the novelty right? Did the car generate a lot of questions and interest? Wished I lived closer, I'd definitely try and make it. Where was Pat, you guys live relatively close don't you? Thanks again! Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

Working...
    X