Odd Rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Rods

I've mentioned my mentor Greg Parker in several of my past posts both here and on the registry about what a tremendous influence he had on my life both as a person and a fabricator. I wanted to share several pictures and details of the Parker Brothers wierd, fun and cool creations they built back in the day. Many of which had an influence on me and others who knew these great guys. This early stuff he built with his brother Eddie had a real Mad Max theme blended with a sense of humor aimed toward the ridiculous side. These creations were all parked by the front gate by the old HWY in front of the shop. Many people on a daily basis stopped by to take pictures and find out what kind of people would build such things.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gregparker014.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	1731
    Believe it or not all of these strange vehicles ran and opperated in the beginning. Its hard to make out now because the canvas has long since rotted away but the Pinto in the center had tube frame wings and an airplane style tail. It was called the "stealth Pinto". Other items on it included a real jet canopy and that fake engine in the center. It had red lights and dry-ice in there on parade days. The Hillman on the tracks had an early chrysler hemi under there with those zoomie headers.

Name:	gregparker013.jpg
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	1732
    This nasty looking thing Eddie dubbed the "Benhur 3000". You can see the rocket launcher above the side car and the 4 foot exhaust coming up the back. He originally had a steel VW wheel loaded with welded on railroad spikes sticking out from it but not in this picture. Can you see the gattling gun on the fender of the Pinto? Lots of detial on these things.

Name:	gregparker009.jpg
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	1733
    This WWII inspired tank-track bike was built combining a small garden tractor and some poor fools long impounded motorcycle. This actually ran too though not very fast. I think the top speed was about 10MPH with the motor turning about 5K RPM. I'm sure it could pull out some tree-stumps though. more later... thanks for reading. Justin
    Justin Rio
Working...
X