Click image for larger version

Name:	1555_d2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	52227
    ----------
    Keep 'em flying...

S.J.Szabo

Great post idea SJ, thank you getting it started! Really interesting dash set up you've created! Where did that secondary gauge to the far left originate from? I take it you do not miss the Speedo? If you have a GPS in there (which you may well have) I think it can tell you how fast you're going. I see you've also retrofitted a B/C steering column assembly. This T1 really is an SC in "A" clothing. From what I gather so far, this seems like a very well thought out car. I like what I'm seeing so far! As for my oil cooler project you can see the step by step process of it all here: http://www.abcgt.com/forum/14-356-Restoration-Projects/34-58367-The-75-Junkyard-Carrera-coupe-restoration.html?limit=6&start=174 Starts toward the bottom of page 30 on up through 32.

Name:	547561.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	52246
    Began with a new Strab oil cooler...

Name:	547788.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	52247
    and a rule to modify the car as little as possible.
    Thanks again SJ!
    Justin Rio

Comment

Name:	549447_564509380235306_577142801_n.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	52253

Comment

Mr Szabo,

Your dash arrangement certainly gives you a good visual idea of engine management. I agree I sometimes look at my idiot lights and wonder just what the oil pressure for example is. I also have a reasonable idea of how fast I am going with reference to the gear I am in and the actual RPM on the tach.

But, with no speedo (or do you have this elsewhere but not facing you), you have no milage trip to let you know when to change the oil etc, or in built up area's keeping to speed limits. Over here, with so many speed camera's and in the event of being stopped no argument to say well I was only doing 30 mph sir, how does that all work out?

I reckon you made up a clamping system and its just under the dash but visible?

Roy

Comment

----------
          Keep 'em flying...

S.J.Szabo

Comment

Name:	2721_A_ws.jpg
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	53397

The bottom (toward the engine) view.

Name:	2726_A_ws.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	53398

Again, mounted.

Name:	2758_B_ws.jpg
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	53399

View from above.

Name:	2767_C_ws.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	53400

The bonus is that between the big holes and alloy tray, the lid is a few pounds lighter than the stock single grill.
            ----------
            Keep 'em flying...

S.J.Szabo

Comment

That's pretty slick S.J.! I can appreciate all the time and paper templates that went into the finished product and as you said, ALL without welding or modification to the lid or your car; Very cool!
              Considering the leverage each tongue has I can see where they might sing or vibrate at speed but nothing detectable by your description.
              I'll add another modification entry here shortly. Thanks again for sharing this! Justin
              Justin Rio

Comment

SJ,
                Does it work? Did you give it the garden hose test?

Comment

At the risk of immodesty, it works like a champ. No change in running temps and parking out in storms leaves the electrics nice and dry.

And it doesn't sing, hum, or rattle.
                  ----------
                  Keep 'em flying...

S.J.Szabo

Comment

Working...
                  X