Screens for Parabolic Intake Trumpets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screens for Parabolic Intake Trumpets

I have a pair of NOS Parabolic intake trumpets I bought years ago. Would like to use them on a new motor I am building. Does anyone have a source for screens for them. Period ones from Parabolic would be dynamite, if they made them. But current-manufacture ones would be fine too.

I do not think that this has been available, probanly always DIY sollutions. If you would like to supply me with measurements I can offer to have a look to produce them. I am closed to finish with my own carrera style stacks, but not planned to start a run of screens so far. Might be interesting for others too.

Regards,

Tom - Onassis 356 Restorations

www.facebook.com/Onassis356Restorations

Comment

Edwin, What carbs are those for, Zenith, Solex? A quick search yielded some pretty nice filters being made by various manufactures.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	velscr.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	44395

Name:	velscr1.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	44396

Name:	velscr2.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	44397
      If it were my engine I personally would prefer ones like these with a secondary micro filter. I know they disrupt the air flow a bit but not so you would really notice.

Name:	velscr3.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	44398

Tom, I think a 356 specific offering would make for a great expanse to your product line.
      Justin Rio

Comment

Justin, these are for Zeniths. My 356B is a Super. What did you search for? Thanks, Ed

Comment

Ed, just enter: Velocity stack, Screen, Filter.
          Justin Rio

Comment

Hello all,

just to let you have been part of the progress, the final product of out own carrera style stacks is not far away.

We keep you updated when they are available for those who want or need them.

We also will have new designed rain catches and screens for our stacks.

For everyone who is not into "carrera" stacks, we will also have aluminum parabolic stacks made by Onassis as one of our new projects.

Name:	Bildschirmfoto2014-06-30um17.25.40.png.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	45644

Name:	Bildschirmfoto2014-06-30um17.25.23.png.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	45645

Comment

Tom,
              Please consider making screens for the Parabolic style too.
              Thanks,
              Ed

Comment

Tom, your progress on the screens for Parabolics is good news! Thanks, Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Edwin Ek" post=20353
                  Tom, your progress on the screens for Parabolics is good news! Thanks, Ed
                  There is some kind of material preview for our future screens.

"As we are developing our stacks as a brand new product, there is always space for some "news".

We would like to offer our stacks with some additional safety backup to engine and components for those who are interested in this.
                  Based on this, we will offer brand new designed (fitting to our stacks only) mesh screens.

Our screens will be produced from woven stainless steel (1.4301) threads with mesh size of 1000 ?m and wire diameter of 0,360 mm.

This is an outstanding product with special air filter properties and has, with about 90% air passage, virtually no restriction."

Name:	GewebeTrichter-001.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	47569

Comment

This past week in Monterey was productive for my search for screens. One fellow at the PCA race car show had installed only wire mesh screens at the bottom of the intake's throat, sitting on top of the carburetor body. Very slick, simple, effective, and hidden.

In the pits at Laguna Seca I had a look at the unbelievable Singer Porsche cars. One had gorgeous screens atop some Weber stacks. Turns out they are made by Cook in Kentucky. After conversation with a person there, initial downside is that they are threaded onto the top. But perhaps method of attachment can be changed. Forces at work- gravity and intake-air suction- tend to keep screens in place. Wow, they are expensive though. About $1,000 just for the screens; $2,000 for the stacks and screens.

www.ccookenterprises.com

Comment

Thanks for the link Edwin. Nice parts and a lot of mouth-watering metal working tools! If I go with TWM injection I may buy their stacks and screens.
                      Justin Rio

Comment

Have sent pictures to Cook of the Parabolic stacks. We'll see what shakes.

Comment

Hey all,

just to keep you detail nerds updated with some progress shots of our new stacks.

Enjoy!

Name:	RIMG0008-001.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	48905

Comment

That is pretty darn cool!

Comment

Thank you Edwin!

Comment

Working...