Name:	1964_porsche_outlaw_356_930_conversion_4-800-600.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	60400

Where is he now?
    https://www.instagram.com/nur964/
    Only air

Comment

I believe this is the same car. A shame to have used it to create a one trick pony hot rod IMHO.

Click image for larger version

Name:	64_356C_01.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	60406

Name:	64_356C_02.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	60407

Name:	64_356C_03.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	60408

Name:	64_356C_04.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	60409

Comment

A couple of ways to interpret that Joel, Just a mere one trick-pony "or"
        WOW, that is "one trick pony"!
        I prefer the later but anyway you look at it its a marvel of fabrication; not to mention the car has not been devalued. At 135K its worth every bit if not more than it would be bone-stock correct. Thanks for the additional photos Art!
        Justin
        Justin Rio

Comment

Justin,
          Agreed on the Pony's trick aspect, although I'd bet that the money would be greater restored to as it was when it appeared in that road test. Not a purist myself, but with that history it still seems a shame not to have used another body. The fabrication is great, but the car has lost the most important attribute of a 356, it's handling. It's now just an ill mannered hot rod with most of the excellent looks it had originally. Likely why Mr. Toy sold it.
          Cheers,
          Joel

Comment

Hi Joel,
            Agreed, all the money was spent out back with no suspension or brake upgrades done to the front. It was a handful to drive by Chris's own accounts. It reminds of the only thing I remember from those long Algebra problems, what you do to one side you must also do to the other side.
            So this car certainly was out of balance and therefore hurting the driving enjoyment which like you say most likely motivated the sale.
            Plenty of curb appeal though!
            Thanks, Justin
            Justin Rio

Comment

I agree. project looks a little incomplete
              but on the other hand, we know how many projects with the 930 engine ?!
              I believe that this is part of the story)
              thank you
              https://www.instagram.com/nur964/
              Only air

Comment

There was an A coupe build using an Audi drivetrain a while back that seems to have dropped off the radar. His approach was to invert the drivetrain with the engine mid mounted getting a much better balance, especially in such a short chassis. Of course a later front suspension and say Brembo braking would also be a great help in controlling the beast, but an additional few inches extension of the front of the chassis would also be a big help. I would like to see an Audi
                turbo diesel unit with DSG mid mounted in a tub with an updated chassis. Compact unit with gobs of torque and great economy..
                Cheers,
                Joel

Comment

Working...
                X