Chris Coddington Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Coddington Wheels

Heres a shot of the polished Rudge Knock-offs that Chris makes, 5" x 15" . I had them on my 60 with 175/70hr/15 Vredesteins. Beautiful wheels, excellent run-out, nicely balanced.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2080_2012-12-31.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	340.2 KB
ID:	8577

Name:	IMG_2075.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	401.8 KB
ID:	8578

Name:	IMG_2033.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	8579

First off this is a georgious 356! The wheels really are the icing on the cake max! These look like true "knock-offs" and not caps. Looks way too small to house lugnuts under there. Are you using original mount hubs or did you have a set fabricated as well? Tire combo looks real nice too though they are a bit washed out from the shadows to really see them clearly. I would have guessed them to be 65 series tires but 70's are all that much better for final drive rpm range on the HWY. You still own this car don't you Max? Beautiful car! Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

A great car, but no its gone. Here are some pics of The Coddington Rudge components.

Name:	rudgenocap.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	8589

Name:	rudgecapassembly.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	8590

Name:	rudgebackside.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	8592

Name:	rudgefront.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	8591

Comment

Oh, You kept the wide five pattern; very sneaky and it just looks perfect! I'm impressed! very nice design job all the way! You had it all; the look of Rudge without all the unsprung weight issues associated with them not to mention the cost of an original set. Is this the only set like this? Nice work max!
        Justin
        Justin Rio

Comment

Yes, JT and Max, those are great wheels. JT, they may be rare, but not one of a kind. Have seen a 356C version. Very cool!!

Comment

Hey Steve, Thanks! Max had emailed me and said there were a few sets running around but not many. I would think there will more call, They are a beautiful wheel!
            Justin Rio

Comment

Does anyone make a 16 wide 5 bolt pattern, but with variable widths? Even 17 would work .
              Similar to the staggered versions offered on newer cars, I am seeking to 'tub' the rear end. Of my car without modifying the bodywork. Fatties and skinnies, bigs n littles.
              The Spyder 550 hot rod replicas would benefit from such a product. I see the fuch rim has been replicated now in every size shape and material from 15x4.5 to 17x?

Comment

I think Chris Coddington will make you just about any combo you would like...
                Justin Rio

Comment

Working...
                X