X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porsche 356 carrera at auction

Mic
    1959A coupe

Thanks for the update Mic! I had seen this car but did not realize the auction had finished already... Nice car!
    Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

Recent RM Auction prices at Monaco:

http://rmauctions.com/results/result.cfm?feature=No&category=all&year=2014&sort=lot&view=list&SaleCode=MC14&fromYear=&toYear=&lot=&make=&model1=356&submit=Search

The 1957 Carrera coupe designated GS/GT ---> it is not a GT - it is a T1 GS car with an incorrect, later model plain bearing engine - Speedsters seats added, along with other garnishments.

Michael Doyle

Comment

Thanks for posting this link Michael! I just saw the chassis # on that coupe: 58368! This car was right behind mine on the assembly line! Too cool! I was told by Bill Block a few years back that my car was sort of in the middle of a string of GS coupes. I believe 58365 and 58366 were mentioned. I'm sure Steve would know for sure or you probably have that info as well. Thanks again!

BTW: looked at that 54 Speedster too. Yet another pre-A speedster fitted with an incorrect High-bow top frame. Another M.I.A. Low bow frame...
        Justin Rio

Comment

Guys,

Michael is absolutely correct. 58368 was NOT a GT. It was a GS and that is great...but not a GT!

Someday, auction houses will learn to check first!

And, Justin----cars were not finished by Reutter or Porsche in serial number order. Porsche finished your car one week earlier.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Working...
          X