Views:	56
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	79631

Leave a comment:

• Rickie
    replied
    718-005.
    3rd OA, Le Mans 1958, Jean Behra.
    Long factory competition history including European Mountain Championship.
    One of the two cars in the Zeltweg Austria so-called "grudge race" where Behra had claimed that Von Trips had better prepared cars, and so they switched machines for that event.
    I have the full factory competition records of the transmission department, which for some reason is the best and most complete information remaining regarding race activities of the period, according to Jurgen Barth. I can provide more information on request.

This car belonged to Mickey Graham of Greenwich, Ct. in the late 70's (he had 2 RSK's), and I helped my friend Murray Smith acquire this car, which enjoyed its first restoration by Tony Dutton of Northumberland Engineering in Southampton. I researched its history and details for that effort, and in 1986 Murray and I took two works cars, 718-005 and my car, 718-009 to the Monterey Historics.

Leave a comment:

• Nur964
    replied
    005?

Thank you so much. I will wait for your post.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	718rsk140.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	79615

Leave a comment:

• Rickie
    replied
    Only this car,007, had the so-called Dog Leg scoop with the larger vertical opening on the mouth. All the others had a straight scoop with the length having a slightly wider mouth then at the back end. I always assumed that it may have been a trackside modification that stuck.I have a photo of the interior showing the boxed-in oil cooler that helps to clarify this setup. I will post it when I can. R

Leave a comment:

• Nur964
    replied
    Rickie
    thank you very much for the detailed answer. This one car?

Name:	12362038_483236445213784_1961435820_n.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	79597

Leave a comment:

• bbspdstr
    replied
    I believe the center-seater above, silver #44, is being driven in that shot by John Higgins. The only high point I remember from back then was being behind him close enough to smell the bean oil.

Bruce

Leave a comment:

• Rickie
    replied
    See Page 18

Leave a comment:

• Rickie
    replied
    You will find more photos of this car well back in the Site postings here, including a photo of David Love standing alongside the car with Innes Ireland, and Bob Holbert seated in it. Ireland did some journalistic work for Road and Track which may explain his presence there. Although it appears black it was actually very dark grey with a curved black stripe. By the way, that is not David Love driving the car in that photo of car #9. David Love drove this car many times at the Monterey historic races and also competed with his beautiful Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa. Unfortunately he passed away several years ago.
    The first time I saw that car at Monterey it was silver, but later it was repainted and slightly "improved" in this new livery. Denise McCluggage also drove it the in the Historic one year.

Leave a comment:

• Rickie
    replied
    David Love in 718-007 now in the Collier Collection. See my earlier post on the car. Note dog leg air intake, just visible below door. Only car with that shape scoop.

Leave a comment:

• Nur964
    replied
    Today the revs institute has posted this photo. Someone knows this car? Maybe more photos?

Name:	20160910_081149.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	79591

Leave a comment:

replied

Name:	718rsk54rsk1960lemans.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	79261
    At the 1960 Le Mans

Leave a comment:

replied
    My education continues, Thank you Gerard.

Name:	718rsk9124.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	79161

Leave a comment:

• Rickie
    replied
    Joe Cavaglieri in Sherman Oaks did his usual brilliant job restoring this car to Le Mans configuration for Miles. I knew this car when it was black and was raced extensively on the west coast by the late David Love. Dave was a gentleman who also owned and raced a sensationally beautiful Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa, now commonly referred to as "pontoon-fendered", an appellation I have never cared for that was never used in period.

Note that this RSK, and only this car, had that wider vertical air intake scoop opening for the auxiliary oil cooler added by the works mechanics, as seen in the photo. It remains on the car to the present day.

Leave a comment:

• jacques
    replied
    Hi Porschenelle
    Colier has done extensive research on 718-007 and has done a sympathetic restoration on it check with them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X