No announcement yet.

Spyder 550 550A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually, no 0093. Was spare used to fix earlier car. Noted in the book.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• Yes, it was built on a spare frame, and I know the current owner of it. What car do you believe it was used to repair as he says it was a full build, not a repair
      Driving the road to discovery - www.type550.com

Comment

• I should have been a little clearer: Frame Nr. 093 was used to repair car 550-00xx.

The number is in the book....come on...I gotta encourage some one to buy a book. Anyway, a little like the 07/043 issue-----Porsche "repaired" an earlier car.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• I think there will be a few more things in the book to entice them to buy it Steve! Interesting if the other chassis number exists today too...

Just got an email from the new owner of 550-0020 who just bought it yesterday - happy chappy!

Comment

• Well...I believe it does. So, that will be fun plus the 0020 situation where some believe what I do and some have argued that this was just a display frame; never a call. That's wrong for sure. But---now with a different body. Plus---we note cars we think were "destroyed". Some of those "exist" today. And--outside of 550s---there are other issues in the rest of the race cars, including 718s and 904s and a Carrera Speedster where one guy owns the front and another the back; both think they have the car.

Happily----NO current ownership names are named except some Museum cars.

Other than Andrew (who gets a free one): order your book today!

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• You wouldn't believe how much I am hanging out for it Steve - I can see lots of late nights...

Comment

• Just got an email from a guy who has bought the title of a 550A which doesn't exist any more. The owner was killed in an accident in the 60s and the car remains are believed to be buried under a building, but no proof that it is there. This guy bought it off the brother of the deceased owner.

So does this open a whole new can of worms...?

Comment

• We know of the buried 550A. The car was buried after the fatal accident.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• Newspaper clipping about the spyder crash.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2014-09-30.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	50199

Steve,
                    When can we buy the book?

Chad

Comment

• Hi Chad,

Yep...sad crash.

As to the book---you have no idea how I wish I could be more specific. Here's my 'take' at the moment:

The book will be at the Frankfurt Book Fair 8 October.
                      THe book will be there as a part of the show. I do not know if it will be generally for sale. The Special Edition is not ready, that is certain.

Amazon.de notes early November availability.

My guess: Mid-October at Porsche Museum. Likely same time as to Delius-Klasing in Germany. Books to U.S. arm of D-K (ACC?) late October. I have not recently checked ACC site. Books to me about same time. Maybe have to sell from here end of October.

Special Edition books December earliest.

Thanks for asking.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• Steve,

I read on the Germany D-K site that pre-orders won't be shipped until 6 November (as you mentioned). The USA D-K affiliate ACC Distribution shows the Book coming - however, not yet available to place an order:

http://www.accdistribution.com/us/store/pv/9783768837507/porsche-carrera/rolf-sprenger-steve-heinrichs

Hope this helps all.

Michael Doyle

Comment

• Back to 22182: "0093" Start nr. 177.

This seems to be a 1980 or 1981 photo---see stamps.

Anyway, our records show the original car owned by someone. Frame 093 repaired it. I hope there are not two cars "out there". There was/should be only one.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• ... will have to wait for the book

Comment

• There will be additional "issues" of course, beyond 550-05 that got a 550 nose or 550-07 that looks like a 550 later because it got that body...or race specifics...or, as of last night: Did Zagato build any Abarth bodies?...or were there SC GTs? Was there a 718-010? And much more.

I do hope that all understand that we did not just read old books, accept what was said, and find a slightly different way to say it. We did original research.

Steve Heinrichs

ps---and, yes, there was an Elva-Porsche and more than one vertical (not flat) fan ones.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	550v202.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	50243

Comment

Working...
                                X