Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Spyder 550 550A - ABCGT Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spyder 550 550A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have emailed the current owner to say it is on the market. I have helped him recently by recommending a talented fabricator who is currently restoring a 550. He has agreed for him to restore it back to an original RS550 spyder
    Driving the road to discovery - www.type550.com

Comment

• Andrew,

This is very complicated. I thought you said that 0079 was the red car in the publicity photo? Also, I cannot tell which car you informed the owner was on the market---seems he would not rebody his own car.

And---are you saying you own 0079?

This is a very busy week for me but I want to try to sort this out. I think 0079 went initially to Switzerland. It could well have later come US and been rebodied as a RSK. The races with that seems much later.

Anyway, please clarify the few things. I'll work on what we have as well.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• Steve

Thinck you will be pleased by the following publicity made to your book in the July/August issue of the French magazine "Speedster" dedicated to 356 and 911 Porsches
        [attachment]
        carrera.pdf[/attachment]

Comment

• Sorry Steve I have problem posting this article
          I have send it to Justin by mail asking him to post it for me

Comment

• No worries.

I look forward to it.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Heinrichs" post=20933
              Andrew,

This is very complicated. I thought you said that 0079 was the red car in the publicity photo? Also, I cannot tell which car you informed the owner was on the market---seems he would not rebody his own car.

And---are you saying you own 0079?

This is a very busy week for me but I want to try to sort this out. I think 0079 went initially to Switzerland. It could well have later come US and been rebodied as a RSK. The races with that seems much later.

Anyway, please clarify the few things. I'll work on what we have as well.

Steve Heinrichs
              Hi Steve,

Sorry for the confusion - just to clear things up, I do not own 550-0079 - it is owned by someone in the UK. I let him know 0020 was on the market as it supposedly has the original panels from his car. The car is about to go through a rebody back to the original RS550 shape using newly fabricated panels.

550-0079 is the red car in the photo. Porsche only had standard colours for 550 spyders as red, french blue, silver and white. They produced one in yellow (which is also in the photo for the Belgium Racing team). I believe the red car was repainted black for delivery to the new owner.

Comment

• Andrew,

Thanks! So--let's see if I have this correct:

550-0020 is coming up for sale. You believe it has 0079 panels. The 0079 owner is presently having his car rebodied from its RSK form to 550 form. So, you advised him that the panels are on 550-0020.

Correcto?

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• correcto mondo

He originally gave me the details of the panels were on 550-0020.

Comment

• ok, perfecto.

Back to you in a couple of days re alternative universe.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• Here is 550-0020 for sale

http://www.dkeng.co.uk/ferrari-sales/448/Blue_Chip_and_Competition_Cars/Porsche_550_Spider.html

Comment

• I am still working on the Annie Bousquet cars and in my research I have found an aerial photo of the start grid at the 1955 Adagir race. I know many people have documented that Annie's car was 550-07, but I have always thought it was 550-05 as it did not have the hinged rear. This photo proves that it is 550-05 with the single grill at the rear (with #40 on each side) and the top engine bay hood - More to come...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot2014-08-11at7.48.14pm.png
Views:	34
Size:	315.9 KB
ID:	47338

Name:	photo4.JPG
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	47339

Name:	550-05show1.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	47336

Name:	vue01710.jpg
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	47340

Name:	550-05show2_2014-08-11.jpg
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	47337

Comment

• Andrew,

Re 550-0020.....

How much do they want for this Bunker rebodied puppy?

(I ask because Justin is going to buy and give to me as an early birthday gift)

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• Under US$3M - absolute bargain! Do you have any race history on it Steve?

Comment

• Not really in my opinion...butmaybe you are kidding.

Anyway, yes---I have it all, I think.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• it's a mongrel spyder - that's why they are offering the 25% discount on the $4M

Comment

Working...
                                X