No announcement yet.

Spyder 550 550A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More later, but this is not what happened. I know where frame went, have photos and know who owns it now.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	550v99.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	41723

Comment

• Start Nr. 16----

Well, we show this as the 904 based Cegga-Porsche.

Now, it may be possible that the 043 frame got another body somehow after it burned. My trail does pick up in Austria as a frame only. It is nowin southwest USA.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	WM_Fortaleza-1965-11-28-016.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	41741

Click image for larger version

Name:	WM_Nurburgring-1965-05-23-PierredeSiebenthal.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	41742
          Driving the road to discovery - www.type550.com

Comment

• Is this what you think the Spyder remains is today Steve...?

Name:	download.jpeg
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	41744

Comment

• One of the first 550 but which one ?

Name:	550N.JPG
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	41765

Comment

• Well, gee, no way Annie's RSK and not 550-07 based. It is 904 based it seems to me. At the moment, we still think Cegga but maybe that is wrong.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• I think the 'RSK' reference was more a lack of knowledge of spyders. As there is no visual reference of what Blendl rebodied Annie's car into, it is more than likely it did not look like a 550RS when this guy bought it.

Comment

• Maybe as to the RSK reference.

But--as to Blendl---he bought the fixed car from Porsche, then it burned. I do not beleive he rebuilt it again.

As to the photo of the red car---Yes, this was Rolly's. It is a "spare" Carrera Speedster. Blendl bought the spare, finished it and later added steel stuff from the burned 550.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• The 550 above is 550-04

Name:	tumblr_mkmgitKxTk1rbjh8to1_500.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	41776

Name:	lifecarrera53160small.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	41777

Comment

• So did Annie's car go back to the factory to be repaired? When you say 'steel stuff' what do you mean? The spyder had a unique chassis which could not be used on the 356 and I doubt any other parts would be suitable except for things like gauges, maybe seats etc. The body was all aluminium, unlike the 356

Comment

• Yes, it did. Complicated story but rebuilt by factory after fatal accident and then sold to Blendl. I think the steel parts were exactly as you say including seats.

The rest except the Not 07 frame, burned.

Steve Heinrichs

ps--I have the registration/title docs and have interviewed Blendl's son and we are reasonably certain of the story. I know where the frame later went and, as noted, status today.

Comment

• You know way too much Steve It seems like at least 3 people claim they have the frame then...

Comment

• Well, I dunno about the first part.

This "issue" is most vexing. As to three people owning the frame---I know of only one who may be in partnership with another. I have many photos of the frame and much correspondence and the fellow and his possible partner are most unhappy with me since I do not think that 07 really exists and 043 was never a car.

Maybe they sold off the frame a few years ago.

I dunno. I do know the book while not naming any names, will not please some. Still, it is the best I can do after many years of research and is comprehensive.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• Everyone has theories and opinions - that's what makes the world go round. Personally I think Annie first owned 550-05 not 07 due the the shape and features on the car she is photographed in, but like anything, nothing is conclusive. It will all come out in the wash...

Comment

Working...
                                X