Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This car lived in my shop for several years. The car came with the Devin body and the original body. We took the car to Joe Stafford to do the body resto. We eventually raced it at Monterey and won the Ken Miles trophy. It also went over to the Mille Miglia in 1988. I built a 912 engine for it, Lynn wanted to spare the original engine. A couple years ago, I found the original needle bearing front king & link pin assys up in my parts stash, and sold them to Buzz with the help of Frank Barrett. Lynn had talked to Lake Underwood a number of times, who we think, owned this car early on.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0231.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	24161
    This pic is from the 1988 Mille Miglia

Here`s a pic of the Devin body that was on 5500083 chassis. Don Bell ran this car at the epic 82 Monterey Historics as "Porsche 550 Spyder Special" with the Devin body. If you look close, you`ll see the 550 body on the Devin chassis in the backround. Pic taken when we first looked at the car in San Juan Capistrano in the late 80s.

Name:	SAM_0233.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	24163

Comment

Hey Bill, I am so glad to see you here, Welcome to our forum!! Thank you for sharing these really great photos and details of 0083. Very interesting history for sure. Were is this car currently? Justin

BTW: glad you've got the photo "inserting" dialed in. CAPTCHA code will be gone for good after your fifth post. WELCOME once again!
      Justin Rio

Comment

Hey Justin....great site!!.....and thank you! First pic is Monterey late 80s on the pre-grid

Name:	SAM_0236.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	24194
        Bill Bencker sitting in 0083 at Monterey

Name:	SAM_0235.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	24195

Name:	SAM_0237.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	24196
        3 Nebraska Spyders at Road America in the late 80s.

Comment

Thanks again Bill! Really enjoying the photos. Justin
          Justin Rio

Comment

Working...
          X