Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for carrera speedster- previous owner

Hey guys-

I am looking for a carrera speedster, My dad owned it for a bit, until he traded it for a 356 carrera 2 roadster in the mid 70's (another story), but the reason I am curious, is he has alot of pictures and history about it, and would love to know where it is these days. Sports car market had a feature about ads, and this one was in it, renewing some interest!

He had a few 4 cams for many years, along with owning a shop and dealing with many significant cars (including a RHD carrera coupe, abarth #01, etc- which was in mpls for a few years) is now doing some grass fed beef farming, but both him and I would love to know where they are. Here are some pics , he bought it out of road and track in 72 out of denver, lived its life in MN...

Here is a pic of the ad, and a few others...

His words:

Yup, that's the car. Carrera Guide I got with the car, and still have, has the Ripey's penciled notes on the original owner and where to catalog the piece in their collection, but I saw it and it became part of the deal. I paid $4000 for the car back then.................. Car was a Carrera GS sold by the Porsche Dealer in town and Vern Racek (sp?) maintained it. He was the Elmer Langren of the dealerships and handled all the competition stuff those guys out there bought. When he retired, he moved to a farm No of Denver and got heavily into old steam thresh engines, if you can imagine that........Figure out if I can (or you can, that'd be better) respond to the paper with info like that, I can give a bit of history and where it ended up. I traded it to John Bond, old publisher of Road & Track and he traded/sold it to Otis Chandler for his collection.

Anyway, we are just curious where the speedster is (chandler?), and also the carrera 2 roadster (which was originally yellow, and may be by now)

original ad:

speedster in question:

Carrera 2:

Hi Erik,

Thank you for posting and Welcome to this forum! Very nice of you to search out the current owner of this Speedster. I wish the previous owner of my car would offer this! 4K huh? Weren't those the days! I am sure both you and your father have lots of great photos and stories to share. To help you locate this car the chassis # would definitely help.
    Thanks and Welcome once again!
    Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

Hey Erik,

We might be able to locate this car but it will be impossible without the chassis #.
      Thanks! Justin
      Justin Rio

Comment

I know of one stuck in an airport hangar. Its part$...

Comment

Working...
        X