Clear All

• 4 cams engine

Click image for larger version

Name:	CarreraAA111.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	8380

Hello Gerard,
    Thanks for posting this! I had seen a few shots of this bus a while back. I think the bus makes for a nice storage container for this engine until the day comes to put it back into its rightful chassis. Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

Just when you thought you had seen it all

Comment

Thats a nice photo. I wonder what happened to the 356 it came from? Looks a good installation there and the exhaust as well.

Roy

Comment

If memory serves this is a super early block and was from Spyder originally Roy...
          Justin Rio

Comment

Name:	capricorncarrera.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	8929

Comment

I'll have to save up some money for sure to afford even that engine Gerard. It really is neat this reproduction is available though...
              Justin Rio

Comment

Instead of starting a new topic, I thought I would add to this one. I remember reading about (I am sure on this forum and probably Steve said it) how the Porsche engines have a check number stamped under the tinware to confirm the engine is complete and matching. I need to do a check on a quad cam engine that was originally in a 1955 356 A coupe #55288. Today it is in a different car, but wondering if anyone has this 'list' of secret numbers...?

Name:	P90535ENGINE.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	84347
                Driving the road to discovery - www.type550.com

Comment

Hi Andrew
                  i think what you are referring to is what we call the internal no which is stamped opposite the serial no. this is usually a sequential no for the engines built of a specific type 547/693/587 even the pushrod engines have that no. the first 587 engines usually the no is the serial no since they made the 587/1 before the 587/2/3 engine 97100 might have an internal no of 100 but 97400 would have 5xx maybe. Steve and Springer may have found the decoding ring in an obtuse document. The fueling log documents the no on a daily basis for the production cars but the Kardex does not.
                  j

Comment

Thanks Jacques - much appreciated. Is there any way to confirm the number?
                    Driving the road to discovery - www.type550.com

Comment

my guess would be from 120-130 Steve had better records.

Comment

Hi Andrew here is an earlier engine 90513. Dan found it the owner was going to put it in a VW baja bug, the air cleaners were encapsulated for a remote filter the exhaust was pointing up the tin had been chromed but it retained the original early distributor caps the 4 bolt Solexes and other details i have not seen like a simple plug for the intake valve cover without the flange. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmqL7XqQelc&feature=youtu.be

Comment

Working...
                        X